RHP - Ruffles, Hurt & Peachy

Rushing through the forest I can feel the same old feeling of fear consuming me and as much as I want to stop and run away, I know that I have no way of surviving, people would shoot me without a second thought, and if I stayed away hiding away in the forest, I am quite sure that I would starve. Dealing with my family is definitely the safest option, though I am fearing that the bad feeling that I am getting, the closer I get to the house, has something to do with her. I hope she isn't awake, because then she would surely have noticed that I am late and then this night will get a lot more difficult to get through. There is one thing that I am thankful for about this curse, and that is that I get to be by myself during the days, so when mother is awake during the nights and the times that she decides to punish me and get to heal peacefully by myself doing the day.

Focusing on the way in front of me instead of the dark path my mind wants to run right now, I realize that I have reached home and quickly I climb up the side of the house and jump through my still open window, but as I climb through, I smell the acidic smell of alcohol and before she even makes her presence known, I know that she is here. She is in the room and I see knows that I am late. I pretend not knowing that she comes up behind me as I turn around to close the window. She grabs my hair and pulls me back, losing my balance, I fall down to the ground. She grips and forces my head up so that I am looking at her, tears sting in tears threatening to break down my cheeks, but I hold it back. She sneers at me and calls me a whore, before she starts her brutal beating, she kicks my stomach and I curl into myself to protect my ribs from her kicks and hits, which means that my legs and backs gets the majority of the hits. Time seems to stop as she stops after what felt like an eternity, but could have been not much over 30 minutes. She grabs my head and lifts me head up again to look at her.

"The royals are holding a ball for the princes to find their mate, Marie and I will be attending, since Marie will surely either be their mate or capture their attention. Your job will be to finish her dress, she has already chosen a basic dress, but you need to make it so that she will stand out amongst all the others. You got that Whore?!" Her grip tightens even more making my hair feel like it is being ripped out when I nod my head in understanding. I had forgotten about the ball, the princes were looking for their mate. She releases her grip and throws my head down making me hit the ground, before turning around and walking out of my room. I take a minute and lift myself off the ground and start to slowly walk out of my room and over to Marie's room where her dress probably is. I reach her door and knock once, before it flies open and her dress is thrown into my face. I lower the dress and fold it neatly over my arm, as Marie start talking about how she wants me to add some ruffles onto the dress around the already existing crystal embroidery that runs up the left side of the dress and spreads out towards the bottom. She wants it in the same dark cyan as the rest of the dress. She just wants me to add volume, so I need to leave the bodice as it is. I nod my head to show that I understand and then I leave to my room, with the dress and the extra material she only just remembered to give me. I lay down the dress on the bed and take it in. I honestly think that it is pretty as it is and that adding ruffles will just ruin it. However, I will not be the one to say that or anything really. Sighing, I get to work in measuring and gathering the material to make the ruffles that Marie wants. With my bruised body it takes extra long to get started but once I get into making the dress, everything seemed to go by in a blur and as I make the final alterations to the dress, Marie storms into my room and grabs it from my arms and tell me that I have about five minutes before sunrise. I let her take the dress and hurry out of the window and out to the all too familiar meadow. After the tingles and rearranging of my bones come almost naturally now, I reach the pond and make myself at home and relax. My before bruised body, now feels a lot lighter and it almost doesn't hurt. My body tends to heal a lot faster when I am in my swan form, so when I transform back in the evening, my body has almost healed all the way. It is nice and what's even better is that Mother hasn't noticed it and I sincerely hope that she never does. Just imagining what she could decide to do then sends shivers down my spine.