chapter. 2

i spent the rest of the walking talking to myself. wondering and making an excuse for my mother who i know is now worrysick because im coming home late. 11:34 pm. as i arrive, im standing in the front door walking back and forth while thinking if i should knock or not.And i decided against it. maybe i should knock? or barged in? maybe i should knock.

i knock 3 times no answer. the door opened when i repeatedly knock on the door.

"oh, your home." my mother grab my hands and lead me to the kitchen.

my stomach burns in relief to see mom on being 'not' angry or mad.

"are you hungry honey? want a cup of coffee? i know it's freezing out side. and im sorry for not opening the door right away i was busy folding clothes." she tells me nonstop. annoyed me a litte but i tried to catch up those chit-chatting mouth.

"yes please.just a cup of coffee is fine." i rub my hands in my thighs. it was really freezing outside and i was walking half an hour. good thing i made it in here with out  turning into an ice. haha.

"great. that's great." she smiles. my mouth falls open. im surprise. she's not angry? wow.

"your not angry?" i asked. still surprised.

"hm? for what honey?"

"about me coming home so late." i explain. i expect her to shout at me but she did'nt. instead, her smile grows wider.

"silly girl. i was angry a moment ago. i was angry of you coming home so late but i think you're 17 years old now to be scolded or whatever." she's half-serious and half-laughing.

after a minute of talking, finally my coffee is now served.

"here." i took it from her hands and put it on the table. with my hands around the cup.

"okay so, why did you come home late?" she breaks the silence.

"i was with... with my.. friend." i stuttered. not sure what to say but its true, i was with my friend. friend with benefits i mean. and i will never tell them what's really with drace and i. drace and i were really friends and i don't want others to know what's inside those 'friend' we have.

"okay then. i'll give you punishment." she said.

" what punishment?" i ask nervously. i can't tell if she's really angry right now or she's just messing around.

"go to the airport and get dave tomorrow 7 am." dave? who's dave? i cant remember any of this family had a member named dave.

"your joking" i laughed and take a sip of my coffee.

" im serious go get dave tomorrow." she snaps. i can tell she's annoyed because  all things she said is a joke for me.

" i know your joking. there is no DAVE in tamm family." i burst into laughter. really loud to annoy her and to stop her from joking using that 'dave'  or whatever.

" wha if he's real?" i stopped laughing after hearing what my mother just said.what if he's real? what is it to me? i don't care if he's real. if he's real then we can be friends. that's all.

"what?" she asks as i stared at her and didn't respond to what she just asked.

if he's real, if dave is real then who is he in tamm family? is he my father?. i laughed at that thought.

"what's so funny honey?" mother asked again.

" its nothing,really. anyways, im going to bed now. i have classes tomorrow." i excuse myself and drink the remainder of my coffee as fast as i can and bring the cup in the dishwasher.

"you can skip classes tomorrow honey" she stand as i turn around on my way upstairs. what?

"what? why would i skip classes tomorrow?" i raise my voice a little. me? skipping classes tomorrow? of course i wouldn't do  that!. i dont want to break my complete attendance record.

i can't stand her. i cant understand her if she's joking or not. that's why i hate messing with her because i dont know when did and when will she be serious.

" i said your going to skip classes tomorrow and get dave in the airport." she explains.

oh my god. now i can tell she's serious.dave really is real.

why not she be the one to get dave in the airport? she knows i have classes tomorrow so i won't come. i mean it.

"no, no no no.i am not going. mother im going to bed good night." i said as fast as i can  and run upstairs to my room. as i open the door the smell of strawberry bench invade my nostrils. it smells good. i forgot my bag in drace's house. ugh! i guess i have to go there early by 5 so i can get to school by 5:30.

i jump down to bed and stared at the ceiling.im thinking, a while ago when i was in drace's house, i noticed the disappointed look in his eyes because i refuse something he wants. well i didn't refuse i just dont want to and im not ready for it. To do it. should i go? or leave it there? should i let him bring it to me? i dont know.

i set my alarm 4:00 am so i can have time to think and prepare.

A/N: heyy! im sorry again for the wrong grammars. please vote and comment! xo lovelots. :)