2

Calum

"Now, dad has a bit of extra money because he sold a lot of furniture, so I want you to think of places to save up for and go on holiday," I said, turning down the radio to hear her once we got going in the car.

"Disneyland!"

"I'm not sure I have that much,"

"Oh,"

"We'll see,"

If Michael and I worked together for food and electric bills, I might be able to save up; I'd love to take her one day.

"And perhaps we could get another pretty dress,"

One of the things that made her happy was dressing up. She loved being a princess as much as she loved being a pirate, but dresses were her favourite.

"Are we there?"

"Almost,"

"Uncle Mikey doesn't work with you,"

"He doesn't, he is a dentist,"

"What?"

"He counts peoples teeth, and makes them better,"

"Does he count your teeth?"

"Yeah, you came and watched remember? It's your turn soon,"

"Uncle Mikey is very silly,"

"He is," I chuckled, parking the car in his drive. Coincidentally, he ran over to the car and opened Alexa's door, squishing her cheeks together as she giggled.

"Welcome home!"

"Dad just said you're silly,"

"Im not silly, I just don't take things as seriously,"

Alexis climbed into his hold, allowing me to get our suitcases of clothes. The movers were already gone, and I knew I'd overpacked, but it was all our decorations and necessities.

"Your dad has brought the whole house with him,"

"Where?"

"I mean he brought everything here,"

"Yeah?"

I smiled, going upstairs and putting the suitcases down. Michael's parents had moved to a smaller house, but he still lived in the family home, so it was spacious. I was so grateful he offered to help.

As I went back downstairs, the two of them were sat on the sofa laughing together.

"Now, Alexis, this house has stairs, which means we have to be very careful,"

"I can't help?"

"You can, but no heavy things. Always make sure one of us is with you,"

"Why?"

"Because you're so clumsy!"

She giggled and shook her head, climbing on Michael like he was a climbing frame.

To start with, I unpacked kitchen items like my coffee machine and cutlery. Alexis had her own, so that was clear. Michael also only had himself to care for, so I had brought our pots and pans, glasses and some extra food along.

Some of the boxes had decorations for Alexis such as rugs and her drawings, and others had lampshades and duvets. Michael and I carried the boxes, and Alexis took some of her books and toys up.

A few runs in, she laid on her bed, wanting the nap I'd promised. For a few moments, I gently rubbed her tummy, placing a soft kiss on her cheek. She could sometimes find it hard to sleep, but I was hoping she was tired enough.