Chapter 10

After lunch, Rydel takes me home.

"Ross isn't home." I say as she pulls into the driveway.

"Want me to come and hang out with you until he gets home?" She asks.

"Sure!"

We go upstairs to Ross and I's bedroom and I hang my dress up on the closet door.

Rydel goes into Trevor's room.

"Aw, is this Trevor's room?" She asks.

"Yeah, it is."

"It's so cute. Me and Ell have been getting stuff for Jase, but we don't have much yet, we're not sure what we need exactly."

"Toys. Lots of toys."

We laugh a little.

The front door opens.

"That's probably Ross." I say.

"You should go put on your dress and I'll do a test run of your make-up and you can show him." Rydel says pushing me into my room.

"Um, okay."

About 20 minutes later, I'm in my dress and full make-up.

We head downstairs so show Ross.

"Rydel, I still think this is a little much for-"

I stop in the middle of the staircase.

Ross is standing at the bottom of the stairs wearing black dress pants and a white button up, holding a rose.

"What's all this?" I ask him.

"Natalie, I know you're really upset that you couldn't go to your prom, so I set up, with some help, prom. I figured it'd be the best birthday present ever."

"Aw Ross, thank you! I love it."

"So Natalie, will you go to prom with me?"

I giggle a little.

"Yes!"

~~

We arrive at this reception hall type venue and there's already a lot of people here.

We walk in and it's decorated like a school dance would be like. There's a lot of balloons and birthday decorations everywhere.

Ryland's the DJ, but Ross said only for an hour or so, so that he can enjoy "prom" too.

Everyone's here and already dancing and having fun.

'September' by Daughtry comes on a few minutes after we get there.

"Wanna dance?" Ross asks me.

I smile.

"I'd love to."

We walk over to the dance floor and I wrap my arms around Ross' neck and he wraps his around my waist. We look into each others eyes the whole time, both of us sing along occasionally.

When the songs done, we stay on the dance floor. I don't really dance, so I kinda just move a little.

"How did you used to dance at school dances?" Ross asks.

"I didn't really, because mostly everyone was grinding on each other and I never had a date, so I never did that." I answer.

"Well, you have me, I'm you're date, so you can grind on me if you want." He says smirking a little.

"Not in front of my mom. If she wasn't here, I'd be all for it, but she's watching, so that's awkward."

"Good point."