CHAPTER 36.

FOUR MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!💕

The last six days have been the most terrifying days of my life

The last six days have been the most terrifying days of my life. Vanessa hasn't spoken a word since she opened her eyes. She passed out for three days. Can you believe it? No right? Neither did I. I have been dying to listen to her soft voice but I don't think I am going to listen to it anytime soon because all she does is a nod.

Six days have passed since her father's death. She didn't even shed a tear at his funeral. Her face was void of any emotion. Maybe, because the impact of her father's death is so huge that she isn't in her state of mind. Neither was I, when my sister left me. She is going through a tough phase and all I need to give her is sometimes. Her space. She is a strong woman. She will cope up with his death.

Vanessa was out at George's funeral for a few minutes before she rushed back to her room. She again locked herself and I was afraid if anything worst could happen to her. Again. I never left her side. Not even for a second. I was with her 24/7. Noah and my family returned back to NYC while I decided to stay back with her.

I knew she needed someone who could look after her. Who could give a shoulder for her to cry on? I knew it was me. Alyssa does visit Vanessa but it was useless because Vanessa never uttered a word. She used to wait for hours just so Vanessa could speak and she could listen to her. But she always ended up leaving her room sadly. I told her that she needed some time to cope up with her loss and that she will eventually start talking to her once she'll be fine.

She doesn't want to see anybody at the moment. Not even her mother. I was happy that she let me in her room. All these nights, I used to hold her close to my body and always feel content when she in return wrapped her arms around my waist and tightened her grip.

I was working on my laptop when I heard the shuffling on the other side of the bed. I directed my gaze at Vanessa who was trying to sit up. I kept the laptop on the nightstand and placed the pillow behind her back and helped her in sitting.

"I need water." She muttered. A wide smile appeared on my lips. She finally spoke. Oh, God. I finally get to hear her beautiful voice.

"Tyler! I need water." She repeated but this time a bit loud so that I could hear her. I shook my head, nodding at her as I get down the bed.

"I will be back." I softly said and left the room.

••••

As I stepped into the kitchen, I saw Daniel making a club sandwich. I stood at the other side of the kitchen island from him.

"Hey, Daniel." I greeted him when he didn't feel my presence.

He finally met my gaze and smiled at me. "Hello, Tyler. How is Vanessa doing? Has she said anything yet?" He asked concernedly.