Prolouge-ish thing

You sat on the couch in your large teal sweatshirt, tiredly eating out of a bin of chocolate ice cream. You, at the moment, were trying to beat your high score on Mario Kart's Rainbow Road. You angrily stared down at your 3DS, your (e/c) eyes squinted at the harsh lighting if the screen, a spoon in your mouth.

You had fallen off of the track, and you angrily spat out your spoon. "GOD, I WAS SO CLOSE TOO!" You were infuriated with yourself. Your eyes widened, and you immediately covered your mouth. It was about three in the morning, and your roommate was asleep from a long day at work.

"(Y/n)? Are you ok?" you heard a groggy voice from behind you.

Yep, you woke him up.

You internally began beating yourself up. "Yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about me, Marco. Go back to sleep." You tried to hide yourself from the view of your best friend by scrunching up into a ball of oversized hoodie in the corner of the couch. Maybe he won't notice I'm here. Oh wait, crap, I just responded to him.

He laughed lightly at your actions. You peered up from your knees and saw a tired Marco, sleepily rubbing his eyes with a smile on his face. "(Y/n), it's the middle of the night. Shouldn't you be asleep?"

You fully raised your head to look up at him, giving him the most innocent face you could muster up at the moment. "Not until this Metal Mario kid drowns in a pool of his own blood."

You must've actually scared Marco a little, because his sleepiness turned into surprise almost immediately. Then, as if he remembered who he was talking to, he burst out laughing, holding his stomach. "Come on, you know you can't just stay up all night." He walked over to where you were huddled and picked you up bridal style, carrying you to your bedroom.

"Marco, put me down. It's a waste of your energy. You know I'll just crawl back out from the depths of hell we like to call 'my bedroom' and play again."

It was true; you most likely would have done that. But seeing as Marco had other ideas, you just lazily sat in his arms and pouted. He looked down at you and smiled one hell of a devious grin. "Then I'll just have to make you go to sleep, right?"

Oh hell no, he wasn't going to do what you thought he was going to do.

Yep, he was.

He carried you into his bedroom and layed you down on his bed. He got in beside you and took a strong hold of your waist, nuzzling his face into the crook of your neck slightly, inhaling the scent of your (h/c) hair. You just layed there with the most unamused look on your face as your best friend curled up beside you.

"Good night, (Y/n). You better not leave my arms, or you won't get breakfast tomorrow."

Your face changed from stoic to terrified in an instant. "Alright, Freckles, fine. Good night to you too."

You could feel him smile into your hair and exhale. You snuggled deeper into his chest and layed there silently. Man, I really do have the best roommate, don't I?

But what you didn't know is that Marco had felt more than you would ever imagine.