Chapter Four - Evie

The clock strikes 9 o'clock and my worries begin to grow bigger as the time grows. I don't know what I am so nervous about. The thought of the first day? Or am I scared to feel lonely for another year? I can't quite put my finger on it. The lump in my throat starts to grow with my worries. The lump tries to forces me to cry but I take a deep breath in through my nose and out through my mouth. Just like my Father taught me to. I take a few more, in through my nose and out through my mouth. I repeat doing it until I feel like everyone's eyes are attached on me, which makes me feel insecure. I look back at the girl in front of me and her mouth is shaped perfectly like an 'O'. Her eyes widen and she then gives me a sympathetically smile. I have no clue why she is still staring at me. I have no clue why everyone is staring at me. Everyone else's eyes go back but the girl in front of me are still glued onto me.
"What?" I kindly ask. My worries start to fly through my head. I've never seen this girl so she must be new here.
"Are you okay?" the girl asks me with a warm smile.
"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I reply which comes out quite harshly.
"You look like you've been crying for the last past 6 weeks" she half laughs. I'm sure she's only laughing because the conversation is awkward. Then it strikes me. I must have been sobbing in the toilets. I start to panic and my anxiety fills my body.
"Oh my god!" my feet are now running to the bathroom without me realising I had ran out of the room and down the hall. I try hid my face with my hair which is dangling in front of my face which makes it hard to know where I am going. My body then completely stops. A few seconds later, which feel like forever, I am laying on the floor.
"Watch where you are going nerd!" a new accent shouts out at me.
"I'm so sorry, my bad" I shyly reply. I avoid eye contact with this person because I don't want any one to see me right now. I look like a state. So I just start running straight to the bathroom and head into one of the toilets. I can't stop my sobbing. I feel awful. Anxious. Scared. Insecure. And my body is completely full of sadness. My cheeks are full of tears that are streaming down my face. My eyes swollen and my whole entire body is shaking none stop.