Chapter 1

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Whitney's POV

"Oh wow." I said, popping my head out from under the covers.

"Yeah, wow is right." Zach said, coming up from the covers as well and putting his arm around me. "I think this whole friends with benefits thing we worked out is the best thing that ever happened to us."

"You're not wrong." I said, patting his arm and getting out of bed to go to the bathroom.

Zach and I had been friends for pretty much our whole lives and we'd both been having big lulls in our sex life so we were just helping each other out, ya know, as friends do.

"You almost done in there?" I heard Zach say on the other side of the door.

"Yeah one sec." I said throwing on an oversized t-shirt and opening the door.

He had put his boxers back on and walked in to brush his teeth. "Ya know, we should just keep doing this instead of pursuing different options." He said, laughing as he spit out his toothpaste.

I pushed him and laughed. "Yeah alright Zach, that's why you're talking to that chick Lauren."

"Nah we stopped talking." He said, walking back to his bedroom and laying down on the bed.

"Oh really? Since when?" I said, crawling back into bed.

"Yeah...I don't know she was fine but it was just not it ya know?" He told me.

"Yeah I get that. That's the way I've been with every guy since Luke."

"Luke wasn't even that great." Zach said, rolling his eyes.

"He was to me." I told him.

"Better than me?"

"Not a fair comparison." I said, shaking my head.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because with Luke it was much more than just crazy sex." I said, winking at him as I got out of bed and changed back into the clothes I had come over in.

"Where ya going?" He said, sitting up in bed.

"Home. Zach it's 1am." I laughed at him.

"You're not gonna stay for the night?" He said, teasing me.

"If you were my boyfriend, I would. But you're just my friend." I said, winking at him and grabbing my stuff.

He laughed at me.

"Good night Zach, I'll see you in the morning." I said, and with that I left his house.

Zach's POV

God damn.

I know with Whit all it was was a friends with benefits type of thing but I couldn't help myself. She was just...oh my GOD. And I don't even mean just the sex. It was this whole other part of her.

Ya wanna know what made the sex so great? The chemistry. The wild, crazy, hot chemistry. That was something I never had with another girl.

But every time she came over, she left too soon. I wanted her to stay with me. I wanted her to roll into my arms just one time afterwards.

I know we said we were just gonna be friends and have meaningless sex but jeez I just couldn't do it.

My phone buzzed and I leaned over to pick it up.

TEXT CONVERSATION

Text from Jonah Boi: Yo wya

Zach: Home, why?

Jonah Boi: Home....alone??

Zach: Yes...

Jonah Boi: So Whit wasn't over at all tonight?

Zach: Nah

Jonah Boi: Really? Cause snap maps says otherwise

Zach: What? Why is it such a big deal?

Jonah Boi: Cause you said you were gonna end that?

Zach: Why do I have to end it?

Jonah Boi: Because you know how you feel about her.

Zach: Exactly. So why do I have to end it?

Jonah Boi: Because friends with benefits never works.

Zach: Jonah, it's working just fine for us.

Jonah Boi: Right, right, that's why she's home and not still at your house.

Zach: How did you...

Jonah Boi: Snap maps.

Zach: We're fine. Just let it be man.

Jonah Boi: Ok fine, but when Luke comes crawling back to her again, cause we both know he will, it's gonna be you who gets hurt.

Zach: Whatever man.

I put down my phone and turned over to go to bed. The truth of the matter though was that he was right - the minute Luke wanted her back, he had her.