Chapter 5

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Zach's POV

"...my underwater symphony I can't breathe but I'm living. I'm in too deep..."

I looked over and noticed Whit had nodded off.

God. She was beautiful. Even with her hair matted with sweat and no makeup on, her eyes and nose all red and puffy, she was still totally and completely beautiful.

If only she knew I'd written that song about her. About how she made me feel.

Maybe, just maybe. Things would be ok.

I heard the key turn and Tate walked in.

She looked at me, confused.

I shhhed her and pointed to Whit.

She motioned for me to join her in the hallway. I gently rolled Whit off my arm and walked out into the hallway.

"What are you doing, Zach?" Tate said, her voice lowered.

"What? I'm just taking care of her. That's ok right?" I asked her, genuinely confused why she was bothered by this. To be honest, she'd walked in on much worse if you know what I mean.

"No, no of course it's ok but..." She trailed off.

"But what?"

She sighed, "Zach, I know."

"What? What? How?"

"Jonah told me." She stared at the ground.

"Jonah?!"

"Shhhh Whit doesn't know ok calm down!" She said, grabbing my shoulders and shushing me.

"Yeah, well none of that matters because she's back with Luke anyways." I said, grabbing my sweatshirt and walking back into the hall.

"What? How did you-"

"-she just told me."

"Zach I don't know what..."

"It's fine. I'm fine." I turned away from her to walk away.

She put her hand on my shoulder, "If you need anything, we're all here for you."

"The only thing I need is for Whitney to be my girlfriend. Can you make that happen?"

She didn't say anything and just looked at the ground.

"Exactly."

With that, I turned and went back in to take care of Whit.