Chapter 12

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Back in the lobby

Zach's POV

"Hey! She bailed you out! I TOLD YOU TATE THAT'S ONE MORE POINT FOR ME!" Jonah said as I walked into the lobby of the police office and Tate pushed him.

"Wait, where's Whit isn't she taking you home?" Tate asked me.

"No. I'm walking home." I said walking to the door.

"I think this might be point Tate." I heard Tate whisper to Jonah.

"Dude what are you talking about? Aren't you guys good now?" Jonah asked me.

"No. We're not. Can we go home now?" I asked him.

"Yeah uh, Tate can you catch a ride with Whit?"

"Yeah, yeah of course."

"Dude what the hell happened in there?" Jonah asked me as we walked to his car.

"I just don't want to be friends with someone who can't trust me." I told him, looking at the ground.

"Nah that's not it."

"What? Yes it is." I told him.

"No it isn't. The truth is your scared. Your scared that because she let you down once she's gonna let you down again. She's not gonna you know that."

"Well she did once." I told him.

"I've known my whole life that this girl, Whit, she's it. She's the one. My whole life I've had a thing for her. I only agreed to the whole friends with benefits thing in the first place because I thought it would bring us closer and all it did was ruin us."

"I hate to say it but-"

"-please don't." I said, knowing he was gonna tell me he'd told me so.

"Why did you never tell her?"

"Tell her what?"

"The truth. Did you ever think that maybe she was scared to feel the same because she didn't know how you felt."

"Oh c'mon dude she knows I love her."

"Ok but her knowing without hearing it directly from you is so different. And that's why I wish my lovely girlfriend hadn't leaked it in the first place."

"How is it different?"

"Because. It just is. If I tell you Jack loves you you're gonna be like alright cool. Sounds great. But when Jack tells you he loves you and says, 'Zach buddy, I love you.' You're like 'wow he really does love me. He loves me enough to tell me. To my FACE. Awe buddy I love you too!!'"

"Why are we using Jack as an example for this?"

"Is that really all you took away from that?"

"Nah I get what you're saying...but you really think if I told her I loved her she'd feel the same way?"

"Uh...well...she maybe told me a while back...like a month or so ago that she felt that way about you..."

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" I screamed at him.

"I was using the same philosophy!!"

"Well how's your dumbass philosophy working now?!" I asked him.

I couldn't believe his dumb ass.

"Well she bailed you out over Luke didn't she?"

Alright he had me there.

"Listen to me, ok? I have a plan."