Chapter 8

Ross' POV still...

I had my alarm set for 7:30 so I would have time to get Jessa breakfast and help her pack up.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm playing Everybody Talks.

I shut it off and hoped tht the others would hear it. Nothing. Dang it, I thought to myself. I just decided to do it myself. I went to the kitchen and started making some pancakes when I heard Ellington getting up.

"Morning," I said.

"Hey," he said in his normal morning tone.

"Your already making breakfast?" he asked.

"This is for Jessa. You don't remember?"

"Of course I did! That's why I got up! I thought this was for you."

I continued making the pancakes while Ell made the toast.

Riker grabbed the juice from the fridge while the rest of the sleepy heads woke up.

"Okay guys," I said. "Jessa's probably leaving this evening so we need to make it fun yet still be aware tht her brother's dead and we need to be sympathetic. Got it?"

"Geez! You're like on top of this!" Rocky said.

"She's my girlfriend. I'll do anything for her."

Jessa's POV

I was having a dream about my brother. About the good times we had together; rock climbing, building forts, and cooking. He was my best friend. Then came the part where he died. I saw it happen; the bomb blowing up right there in front of him. I was just a ghost. I screamed and cried watching his body turn to dust. I fell to the ground in my puddle of tears.

Then I woke up in my bunk feeling as sweaty as  I was in my dream. I hit my head on the tip since I sat up so fast.

"Ow!" I wailed.

Ross peeked over at me.

"Morning Jess," he greeted me.

"Hey," I answered.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Just a bad dream is all."

"Oh. Okay. Well we have a surprise for you!"

They walked in with a tray full of food; pancakes, fruit, juice, and for some reason ice cream.

"You guys!"

"Well we figured you were gonna leave today so we got up early and got all this realt before you leave." Rydel said.

"This is so sweet!! You're the best!"

Rocky smiles and brought it over.

I think I ate it in like 1/2 an hour.

"You want me to help you pack?" Ross asked.

"Sure," I told him.

"Can we do this alone please?" he asked. "I kinda want a moment."

"Sure," Riker said nudging him.

"Not that kind of moment!" he protested.

AN HOUR LATER....

Ross and I were packing my clothes together. I can't believe I won't see him for a month!

"You gonna be okay? Flying alone?" he asked.

"Yeah," I told him. "It'll give me time alone for a little bit."

"I get it."

I smiled.

"I'm really gonna miss you you know," Ross said.

"I am too. It's just that I can't really think about anything else right now but my brother."

"You wanna tell me about him?" he asked.

"I guess. But don't be surprised if I start crying.

He got comfortable.

"Okay. So we were like the best of friends, even with our age difference. We built forts, cooked, played, basically everything. After he graduated high school, he decided he wanted to go into the army. My mom and dad were kinda iffy about it but then decided to let him go. H went to a training and stuff then left after a year to Iraq. I only saw him 2 times after he went over there. I saw him last year and that's it. I missed him so much. So then I kinda found that music really was like medicine; it cured my missing of Rodney. That's how I found out about you guys. And then when he died, it just fell apart. I knew that u would never see him again.

See his smile, taste his cooking, go on vacation," then I started to cry again.

Ross wrapped his arm around me tightly.

"Well we're here for you. Always. And he sounds like a great guy."

I wipes away my tears.

"He was a great person."

I cried for like 5 minutes with Ross still by my side. He and his family were so sweet to me. They're like my second family.

"You wanna finish packing?" Ross asked.

"Well yeah." I responded.

So we continued packing and once that was over, Rocky said they had a whole afternoon planned out.

A/N: REALLY long chapter!! Sorry if there's any typing errors.

•Emma😘🎶