Dear Idiot

Author's Note:

Happy Qixi my loves!

This is a small gift dedicated to our Sun and Moon who both enjoy sunsets.

Please forgive me for the rambling.

PS

I hope you enjoy the very very first Jay Chou song I fell in love with.

- Mai

-------------

Monday, 7th of –

Dear Idiot,

I hate that the seating arrangement had me seated in front of you.

We've never talked.

When you handed me your notebook for assignment submission, I stupidly said "Thank You" and you smiled.

I hoped the earth would swallow me whole.

WHY WOULD I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOMEWORK?????

Thank God there was no need for us to talk again after that.

Especially since you slept for the rest of the afternoon (much to the consternation of our teacher).

Yue

Thursday, 10th of –

Dear Idiot,

I never thought I'd be on the receiving end of one of your good mornings.

We have always been seated too far apart for you to ever greet me.

I was too surprised to greet you back the first time it happened. I greeted you the second time although I ended up saying it as softly as a whisper. But today I managed to at least greet you back normally – with a tiny smile even.

You liked that and asked me for a high five.

That was very brief contact but I have to say... you surprisingly have soft hands.

Yue

Sunday, 13th of –

Dear Idiot,

I didn't know we lived in the same neighborhood.

I never went out during weekends ever since we moved here because I just liked painting indoors. My father gave me a sunroom where I can feel like I am outside even while in the comforts of home.

I am happy though that I decided to go outside today to paint the beauty of the rare Sakura Trees they just recently planted.

I stopped before I realized it was you I was looking at. You were a vision staring up the trees, bathed in sunlight, as soft breeze swayed to make me question whether I was dreaming or not.