I Hate You

I hate how popular he is with girls

And I hate it more that Wang Jiaer knows it. He walks in the hallway with that smile that everyone knows can knock a girl out of her senses faster than a pro-boxer punch.

It's not like he isn't handsome.

HE IS.

But when THE Wang Jiaer stops walking and casually talks to you within ear shot of all his fangirls, you will feel something dark and putrid and lethal come for you like claws of a demon slowly choking the life out of you because you even dared talk to him.

Sometimes I wish he just would not talk to me but he always does.

I hate how he never forgets a face

"Hi Yang Zi!", he is always the first to greet me.

"Hi Wang Jiaer!", I always answer and then try to slink away.

"I texted you last night but I didn't receive a reply. You slept on me again", he told me.

I am never successful with him because he likes to ask how I'm doing and how my day is.

"Sorry."

"I hate texting. I feel like my messages don't come through sometimes", he told me and then talked to me more and shared a joke or two as we walked in the hallway.

Even when he is rushing and he sees me, he says "Hi" before disappearing with his friends or the lucky girl waiting for him by the gates.

I hate how he notices the smallest things

"Did you cut your hair?", he asked me once, out of the blue, while I was in the hallway glued to a book because ironically, it is way more peaceful outside than inside our classroom. We've been told that our teacher had an emergency and (luckily I think) no one is available to replace her.

"Huh?", I looked up and there he is, squinting at me. Somebody should tell him he should carry an early warning device for those eyes.

IT. ISN'T. RIGHT. HE. HAS. SUCH. PIERCINGLY. BEAUTIFUL. EYES.

"Your hair seems shorter", he says and then smiles, showing off his blindingly white teeth.

Can anyone blame me for blanking out?

"Owwww... uhmmmm...", I began as soon as I recovered from the attack of his visuals up close, "I just had it trimmed last Sunday."

He nods. "You are beautiful with any length of hair anyway", he comments before telling me he is going back to their classroom.

I hate how he is such a flirt

"Ohmygod! Did you hear about what Xia Ling did yesterday?", one of my classmates asked me as we ate lunch.