Chapter Four

Three days have passed since Richard and his companions started traveling to Lux. Over the course of this time, Lena informed them about everything she knows about Lux.

"Lux is very beautiful! There are all sorts of flowers and sweet things. Like … like delicious Cotton Web! It's spider web entangled on a stick that is mixed with some special sweet unknown ingr-" Lena began saying

"Lena! I know you like to talk and talk some more, but some of us would like to travel quietly without hearing about treats made from insects." Sydney interrupted grumpily. 

"But Sydney! I wanted to hear Lena's stories." Ava whined.

"Everyone please be quiet. We are almost at Nami Town." Richard said quietly. Over the last couple of days, Richard has been in a sorrowful mood. He has lost his true love and has no idea where she is.

The group stopped for the night in the woods outside Nami Town. As Ava got firewood, Sydney jumped up to a high branch on a tree. She ripped a leaf from the tree and started to play it like a flute, letting out a gentle melody. Lena sat on a tree stump with Richard and listened to Sydney.

"She plays her leaf-flute very beautifully unlike her sharp tongue" Lena commented out loud.

Richard laughed at her comment. He felt happy to smile again. He got his blankets ready so he may go to sleep. Ava was sleeping on the ground with drool coming out of the right side of her mouth. Sydney fell asleep on her tree branch. Lena was sleeping with a blanket that had  cat prints on it.

"Oh my Blankie … Goodnight Blankie." Lena mumbled in her sleep as she held her blanket closer to her.

Richard finally fell asleep knowing his friends are safe. However, his sleep was disturbed. Richard heard rustling of bushes nearby. He opened his left eye and saw a blur creeping towards him. It was a pigman! Richard struggled to grasp his blade, but saw it was across the campsite. The pigman had a machete and was ready to chop Richard up.

"Everyone wake up! The pigmen are back!"

As Richard started shouting, the pigman raised its machete. Richard closed his eyes, but after a few seconds of nothing happening he opened them to find the pigman staring at him with lifeless eyes. It had a dagger stuck in its skull. Richard looked up to the tree branch and saw Sydney nod to him. He nodded back. Richard looked around the campsite and saw Lena had her staff and was shooting out seeds at the enemies. Ava was still sleeping on her back.

"Ava wake up!" Richard yelled.

 "Whaaaaaaaa? W-what is happening. Ugh screw this, Im to tired." She curled up into a ball and fell asleep again.

"Wow. What a helpful bodyguard…" Richard mumbled to himself. He ran across the clearing and grabbed his sword. He unsheathed the Dawn Sword and sent out a flurry of light. Richard went to the nearest pigman and slashed at its head, cutting it off. A pigman used its sword and thrust at Richard. The king parried the pigman's sword and cut through its stomach.