Your silence will not protect you

Sunlight breaks through, it awakens Avery, the alarm didn't have to go off her blue eyes are blinded by the sunlight.

Avery gets out of bed and closes the curtains. When she looks at her alarm clock it is only 6 o'clock in the morning, sleeping is no longer possible and Avery does not have to be at school until 10 o'clock. It is gray and it also feels gray. Today it is ten months ago that Avery's brother died. It is now a season in which things have to thrive, but not so much with Avery.

Avery puts her long blonde locks that almost reach her knees in a tail, a blue thick elastic that fits nicely with her outfit, a white blazer with a blue top and white flair pants.

Avery is sitting in front of the mirror, behind her mirror is a photo, 'Elijah' Avery says under her breath. A tear rolls down her cheek.

* BAM *

Avery is startled and stands up immediately..

the sound came from below the house, Avery gently opens her room door .. and sees her father who has dropped a pot of paint and is now busy scrubbing the red color off the carpet.

"Why are you up so early?" Avery's father says as he looks up. "You look nice!" And he smiles. 'Don't tell your mother that I spilled paint on the brand new carpet, she'll kill me'

Avery laughs, "You'll be fine," she says. "But why are you painting so early, and who came up with the red color?"

"I thought the house could use a little cosiness." Avery's father replied.

Avery's father is a cheerful man, the death of Elijah, his oldest son was hard for him. But it did not stop him from always brightening up his loved ones ..

He didn't care if he went under it himself. He is now also following therapy, he has not yet fully mourned because he is busy with cheering everybody else up.

Avery loves her father very much, but she really wanted him to think more about himself.

"Then I wouldn't paint the walls red daddy," Avery said, laughing.

Her father always made her laugh. The door is thrown open, it's the door next to Avery's room. Her mother is standing in the doorway.

'What is this? Barney the entire carpet is covered in paint? And red? have you gone completely mad? And what are you doing you think you can scrub the paint out with only hot water' Avery's mother says angry, but afterwards she bursts out laughing.

We all laugh.

"Why is everyone up so early?" Avery's mother asks.

Avery and her father look at each other.

"It doesn't matter, Barney, when you're done cleaning up, you can have breakfast with me and Avery, and I'd hurry up because I'm making pancakes."

Avery walks down the stairs and whispers in her father's ear, "I'll keep a few for you."