Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards

I'm in bed, thinking of today's conversation with Adeline. I really want to know what she wanted to say .. 

Avery suddenly hears something from outside. Her window flies open and the curtains begin to flutter.

"Why is the wind blowing so hard?" Avery thinks. 

Avery stands up and walks towards her window. She looks outside, it is deep in the night and she hears the wind blowing softly. 

She grabs the handle of the open window and presses and shuts it. 

It's the next day. Avery has a break, she is sitting with Charlotte and David at the canteen table. Charlotte tells exuberantly how she went home with a boy she met at the club last week.

David looks jealous but listens carefully.

'Guys I have to go to my locker quickly. I'll see you in history. " 

Charlotte and David don't mind what Avery says.  Avery decides to just go.

Avery arrives and sees Adeline just a few lockers from her standing. Avery looks at Adeline and gets an icy look back.

"Hey ... sorry about yesterday I didn't want to scare you " Avery hears behind her.

Avery looks back ..How does she suddenly stands behind me? she was just standing there?

Avery shakes this thought away. 

scare me? what are you talking about? ' says Avery surprised.

'Yes, I don't want it to look like I knew Elijah .. I happened to be at the accident that day and I saw you and your parents standing there, I figured you we' re family '

This explains a lot ... I shouldn't be so panicked. But still .. Adeline radiates something ..

'Oh no, I didn't think about it either .. The thing is when I talk about it I just get so sad .. I'm not completely over it'"

And that is understandable .. I have lost a whole lot of family, I totally understand what you mean ..." 

Adeline puts a hand on Avery's shoulder ..

"I know you don't know me, but if you ever want to talk about it you know where to find me," Adeline says while releasing a sweet smile.The bell is ringing..

"I have to go to class, I'll see you in history ..." says Avery. 

Avery walks away and halfway she looks back again. 

She is gone ..

I don't need to draw conclusions so quickly ... Adeline is still quite nice .. I really have the feeling that she might understand me. I did not know that she also lost someone, she was talking about family,

 would she be an orphan? All kinds of questions go through Avery's head.

Avery and her friends usually hang out at The Burnout, a super nice place where you can drink and play pool, everyone from school hangs here  Avery is drinking coffee with Charlotte and David,

"Boy, I really don't understand a thing about the assignment that Simone has given us." Charlotte nags.

"Yes, she's always late and gives us so much homework," responds David.

We are seniors this is our last school year .. Charlotte and I have decided to go to Jupiter Teachings together in California.

"I'm not going to make it this year if she goes on ..." says Charlotte and she places her head on her hands.