Chapter 7: A New Family (Part 2)

Spyke smiled getting food for both him and Isabella. He then headed towards the hill walking to where the others were at.

"Hey guys! I brought a new friend over. This is Isabella. That's Warren, but he goes by Angel. That's Kurt aka Nightcrawler, Kitty aka Shadowcat, Scott aka Cyclops, Jean, and our newcomer, Johnny," he said introducing Isabella to the "crew" Isabella smiled and waves shyly at everyone. "Speaking of codenames, you haven't come up with one yet huh Johnny?"

"I just got here Spyke," Johnny said laughing a bit.

"I'd have to think up of one as well then," Isabella remarked and smiled." When she saw Jean, she thought of how she is really pretty and attractive, but didn't say anything. Angel chuckled shaking his head.

"What's your power anyway?" Kurt asked looking at Isabella.

"She can control water! That's pretty awesome!" Spyke exclaimed excitedly.

"Well that is pretty cool," Johnny remarked impressed. "Our powers could balance each other out. A little water never hurt plants". Isabella smiles and nods saying

"We definitely could work together," Isabella nodded smiling. "I also learned I can make water with like plant growth in it if that makes sense".

"That's awesome!!" Kurt said excitedly. "What should her code name be though." Spyke looked at her smiling.

"What about Droplet?" Kitty smiled.

"Hmmm sounds cool," Kurt replied.

"It's up to her, though." Rogue replied. Isabella nodded blushing.

"That sounds cute," Isabella said smiling.

"But that makes you sound small sorta," Kurt said concerned about future bullying.

"Yet has to do with my powers." Isabella replied while Kurt nods agreeing.

"It's gonna take some time finding mine," Johnny said.

"Maybe not. I was reading about Roman mythological creatures the other night and came across a segment where it talked about innocent playful spirits of nature. You're innocent, playful, and your powers deal with nature. So...what about Nymph?" Cyclops explained.

"That's badass!" Spyke said. Isabella stands there thinking and says

"Now we just need to think about my codename," Isabella remarked. She looked around and glanced at Rogue to see what her expression was since she can read people pretty well unless they like her then she is oblivious to it.

"How about you can be Aqua?" Spyke suggested.

"I love it!" Kitty exclaimed.

"That sounds great!" Rogue added.

"I think that's a great idea," Johnny smiled. Isabella nods smiling

"Yes I love it!! Much better!!" She was glad to have met new friends. Johnny smiled.

"Did you guys know I'm thinking we should have a team. We can call ourselves The New Mutants instead of the X-Men," Scott suggested. Isabella smiled and nodded.

"That would be awesome!! I'd love to do that!!" Kurt nodded.

"That would be interesting," Spyke suggested.

"If we recruit me, Jean, Johnny, Angel, Kurt, Kitty, Spyke, Isabella, Rogue, And maybe that kid, Bobby, the one with the ice powers, we'd be a great help to contribute to the X-Men," Scott explained.

"Well...I'm in. I like that idea," Johnny said.

"Count me in," Rogue said.

"Who said teens can't be heroes?!" Spyke nodded. "I'm totally gonna join".