So far away, first love.

They meet again at the laser tag field. Kyung and Minhyuk against Yeongjae.

It should be easy, but, in the end, it isn't.

Minhyuk hates to admit that he can't focus on anything while Kyung is around, but not talking to him about what all happened. All he can think about is the fact that they should act on the subject, and, yet, Kyung is acting natural, as if he didn't kiss Minhyuk back and found out that they are soulmates and brought up all the feelings he's been trying to keep bottled up.

His first mistake is the strategy. Going straight for the flag again, as if Yeongjae would ever fall for the same trick. This time, he's prepared, and he runs towards the flag. Kyung tries shooting him, but his aim fails every time, and Yeongjae easily gets past Minhyuk's weak resistance once he's trying to run back with the flag.

In the end, they lose.

When they look at the screen to see which one of them has the least points and which one of them is up against Yeongjae for the next round, Kyung gets hug from both Doosik and Sanha.

Minhyuk looks at Kyung when Joon ingulfs him in a hug, congratulating him for winning and going against Yeongjae for the next round. But Minhyuk keeps getting distracted by Kyung's presence.

Kyung though, doesn't spare him a glance and it looks like Yeongjae too noticed, because Yeongjae sends him a questioning glance and look between Kyung and Minhyuk. But Minhyuk looks away and hugs Joon tighter.

They decide to get the competition over with and decide to finish it today so they can go out and celebrate as it's Saturday.

And to nobody's surprise Yeongjae wins the last round. There probably is nothing Yeongjae isn't good at.

He celebrates it alongside Yeongjae, though. Shinhyuk kisses Yeongjae full on the mouth, and Yeongjae lifts Shinhyuk and twirls him around. Minhyuk watches in envy.

Minhyuk was good at getting people to do things he wanted. He could just pout and Shinhyuk would make him whatever dish he wanted and he could just whine and complain about his sore muscles after dancing and Joon would give him a massage. And Yeongjae would always be ready to give him a piggyback, even though Yeongjae was tired too.

But he couldn't seem to get Kyung to look at him. Or no, he had given him one brief look after they decided to change their clothes and meet at the pub.  After that, it was like it was two months ago again. Except worse, really, because then Kyung had paid him attention at least; because then Minhyuk hadn't know how much he craved that attention. Now Minhyuk was about a few minutes away from twerking on the dancefloor to see if it would get Kyung to just look at him.

"I'm getting a drink." Minhyuk announced to the table, they all were listening to whatever story Sanha was telling. “Anyone want anything else?"

Joon shook his head, Shinhyuk gestured with his half-full pint glass, "'i'm good.” Doosik said, and Sanha just shook his head.

“Get me an Irish bomb.” Yeongjae commented.

“You are still underage, you brat.” Joon commented, hitting Yeongjae on the back of the head.

“Irish bomb is friendship.” Both Sanha and Yeongjae yell, fist bumping.

Minhyukrolls his eyes and turns to Kyung. "Kyung? Want anything?"

Kyung's gaze flicked to Minhyuk and he held his gaze. His expression was closed off, almost empty. Definitely worse than ignoring. "Nah, I'm good. Thanks."

Definitely worse, Minhyuk agreed with himself, as he made a face at the table and headed to the bar. He ordered a vodka soda, then amused himself by chatting with a really cute guy who had black hair, and was taller than him and had a beautiful smile and was also waiting for a drink. His name, Minhyuk learned, was Moonbin, he had a tattoo of his dog's name on his wrist and Minhyuk liked him.

 His name, Minhyuk learned, was Moonbin, he had a tattoo of his dog's name on his wrist and Minhyuk liked him

"Is your boyfriend going to kill me?" Moonbin asked idly, as he took his glass of whisky from the bartender.

"Boyfriend?" Minhyuk asked confused, leaning on the bar table.

Moonbin jerked his head back to where all his friends were sitting. "Handsome dark haired guy? Denim jacket? Looks like he's about to kill me?"

Minhyuk spun-and caught Kyung's look, steady and not flinching away. Slowly, after enough time that he had to have known Minhyuk saw him, Kyung looked away again.

"No, he's not my boyfriend." Minhyuk muttered, taking a sip of his drink and wincing as the strong liquor, went down his throat.

"You sure? 'Cause I think he wants to be." Moonbin smirked.

"Ugh. It's complicated." Minhyuk drowned his drink.

"Ah. I don't do complicated." Moonbin said as he looked at the red string that only he could see on his hand.

"Isn't that the least complicated thing you could do?” Minhyuk questioned, also noticing the way Moonbin was looking at his own hand.

Moonbin laughed but there was a hint of bitterness in his eyes. "It was...too complicated."

"How?" Minhyuk cut himself off. "No, I'm sorry, where are my manners. I shouldn't ask, that's probably not something you want to talk about with a random guy you met in a pub-"

"Eh. It's fine." Moonbin shrugged again, then downed his whiskey. "I'm over it. If I couldn't be enough for him, then-hell to him.”

“Want to play some darts?" Minhyuk asked randomly.

Moonbin stared at him intensely.

"I just want to beat someone in darts. All my friends are better at it then me." Minhyuk said nervously.

"Well, I can help you with that!" Moonbin grinned. Minhyuk hoped Kyung was watching them, was glaring again, like he cared. Even if he wanted to pretend otherwise. "I'm horrible at darts."

Moonbin was, in fact, horrible at darts, to the extent that he was ruled unfit to play after one round in which he nearly sent the dart towards a table. But Minhyuk was cool with it, and so were his friends. The one time Minhyuk glanced over, Kyung wasn't even looking at him, so he decided to forget about him and have fun.