Chapter 29

Ashlynn

"You'd better sit," I said to Andrea as she dry heaved for the tenth time this morning. Michonne quickly wrapped her walkers around the closest tree next to us as we hid in the bushes right next to where some helicopter recently just crash landed. "I'll check it out," she whispered.

She was only gone for a minute or two, quickly rushing back towards us. "Someone's coming."

"Any survivors?" I asked.

"Two dead, not sure about the other."

I peered through the bushes, watching as two trucks pulled up - so far four men coming into view. "Fan out," one of them ordered. "Save those rounds until you really need them."

Andrea started coughing, trying her hardest to cover the sound. Michonne rubbed her back and I kept my eyes on the men. It had been so long since I had seen ..people. People besides Andrea and Michonne anyway.

"Got a breather!"

The crunching of leaves coming from behind us caused me to spin around on my heels quickly, only to see a walker stumbling our way. Michonne reached for her katana but Andrea stopped her. The scent from the two walkers chained to the tree covered the three of us up enough that it stumbled right past us, out into the open field.

"Over here, Shumpert!"

The man who I presumed was 'Shumpert' took out the walker with a bow and as the arrow sunk into the walker's head it felt like it sunk into my heart. It reminded me of Daryl, which of course reminded me of Adasyn, and I hoped like hell that she was out there somewhere, alive. God knows I missed her. I missed everyone.

"He's saving him,"Andrea panted. "We should show ourselves."

"Not yet," Michonne replied.

The guy pulled a knife from his pocket, and within seconds it was in the skull of whoever they had just pulled from the helicopter.

Michonne's walkers started causing a hell of a ruckus and I feared they'd soon become a problem. One of the men on watch heard them, lifting his gun to peer through the scope. Michonne wasted no time cutting off their heads before quickly crouching back down beside us. I held my breath as we waited, the same guy still scanning over the area.

"Let's roll out!"

I thought we had escaped them but there was a sudden snap of a branch directly behind us, and Michonne went for her sword.

"Nuh-uh, easy doooes it girl. Mine's a whole lot bigger than yours," I stayed still, not daring to move a muscle quite yet. Why did this mans voice sound so familiar? "Put down yer' weapons. Nice and easy, there ya' go. Now come on, turn around and let me see yer hands."

I did as the man said and when I caught sight of his face - I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the ground.

"Hoooooooly shit," Merle chuckled, lowering his gun. "Forgive me, but are you thang 1 or 2?" I couldn't even respond, and he chuckled again. "Lemme take a wild guess, your not tha one my baby brother had eyes for. Your Ashley? Nah.. Ashlynn? That's it. Huh, you and blondie here! Dang..y'all are lookin..good."

A walker stumbled up behind him, and I didn't notice the rigged Captain Hook situation he had on his hand until he took the walker down with it.

"Now," He grunted, rising to his feet. "How's about a hug fer yer old paaal Merle?"

I couldn't even blink, and Andrea just straight up passed out. This was not the Dixon I wanted to see.

**