Chapter 30

Adasyn

"Alright," Rick sighed. "Let's get our vehicles in. We'll park them in the west end of the yard."

"Good," Daryl grunted. "All our cars parked out there, got this place lookin' like it's got a huge vacancy sign."

Rick nodded, "After that we need to pile up these bodies and burn them."

"Gonna be a long day," T sighed.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie?" I asked. "We could use some help."

"Up in tha' guard tower."

"The guard tower? They were just up there last night."

"Glenn!" Daryl shouted. "Maggie!"

A couple of minutes later Glenn stumbled out, struggling to zip up his pants. I bit my lip to stop from laughing. "Hey guys! Uh, what's up!?''

"You comin?" Daryl shouted back. I know he didn't mean it the way it sounded, but the look on Glenn's face was priceless. None of us were able to hold back our laughter at this point.

"Uh- what?" Glenn asked.

Daryl laughed a little, looking at his feet. "You comin?! We need y'all's help!"

We all turned away as he disappeared back into the guard tower.

T suddenly stopped in his tracks, letting out a low whistle to catch our attention. I followed his gaze up to the fence and saw Axel and Oscar in the courtyard. Rick's smile faded quickly, replaced by a scowl. T, Daryl and I all followed behind him as made his way over to where they stood.

"That's close enough," he spat. "We had an agreement."

"Please, mister." Axel pleaded. "We know that. We made a deal. But you gotta' understand, we can't live in that place another minute. All the bodies. People we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts."

"Why don't ya move tha' bodies out?" Daryl asked.

"You should be burning them," T added.

"We tried," Axel said. "We did!"

"The fence is down on the far side of the prison," Oscar voiced. I watched as Maggie and Glenn exited the guard tower right behind them, deciding to stay put where they were. "Every time we drag a body out those things just line up. Dropping the body and just running back inside."

"Look," Axel said, stepping forward. "We had nothing to do with Tomas and Andrew. Nothin. You tryin' to prove a point, bro? You proved it. We'll do whatever it takes to be part of your group. Just please..please don't make us live in that place."

"Our deal is non negotiable," Rick replied. "You either live in your cell block or you leave."

"I told you this was a waste of time," Oscar said, looking over at Axel. "They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friend's corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out like. These were good guys. Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint, like Tomas and Andrew. We've all made mistakes to get in here, chief. And I'm not going to pretend to be a saint. But believe me - we've paid our due. Enough that we would rather hit the road than to go back in that cell block."

**

"Are you serious?" Rick asked T-Dog. "You want them living in a cell next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons. You want to go back to sleeping with one eye open?"

"I never stopped," T retorted. "Bring them into the fold. If we send them off packing we might as well execute them ourselves."

"I don't know," Glenn sighed. "Axel seems a little unstable."