Chapter 28

Adasyn

"Man it's too damn dark in here," Oscar said.

"Gotta hold yer' light up high, out in front of ya," Daryl instructed. "Yer gonna hear 'em before ya see 'em."

"It's coming!" Axel shouted as the silhouette of a walker appeared in the dim light.

"Shhhhh!" Rick hissed.

Sure enough walkers stumbled around the corner and you could see the fear on the prisoner's faces. Our group moved back some, managing to stay in formation but giving the others a chance to learn.

And what did they do?

Bust out in some full on battle cry and instead of killing them how we told them to, they started some kind of gang bang, beating the shit out of them - but not affecting them in any type of way. "Fucking idiots," I mumbled.

**

"Aim for the head," Rick spat, looking between the guys as we pushed further through the tunnels. "No more of that prison riot crap. The brain - not the heart, not the lungs, the brain."

"The brain," Axel repeated. "Got it."

As the next set of walkers approached us, Oscar stepped forward first, quickly taking it down. "Like that?"

"Uh-huh," Daryl responded.

Axel got the next one and Rick got the one after that. They started coming around the corner a little faster and in bigger numbers. Just when I thought things were going good, I heard a loud scream followed by a gun shot.

"What the fuck!?" I spat, rounding the corner. I knew exactly who had shot the gun and from the look on Rick's face, there was no need for it. "You do realize you just pretty much rang their dinner bell, right?"

Big Tiny had a panicked look on his face and I could tell he was the one who screamed. When he turned just a bit - I found out why. He had a very deep scratch goin across his shoulder blade.

"I'm sorry, man." Rick sighed.

"Help him!" Tomas shouted. "You cut the old dude's leg off!"

"Look where the bite is,"Rick spat, pointing towards BT. "I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do."

"Guys! I'm fine! Seriously - look at me. I'm not changing into one of those things, I don't even feel any different! I'm f-"

Next thing I knew, there was a pick axe in his head and none other than Tomas was standing there, blood splatter staining his cheek. But - he didn't stop there. Even though the first hit killed him, he whacked him about 5 more times.

"Did you see the look on his face?" I whispered, looking between Daryl and Rick once we started moving again . "I know that look all too well."

"If he makes one move-" Rick said. "Just give me the signal," Daryl finished .

We found the door we were looking for, stepping inside the prison's laundry room. I stifled a sigh as I stared longingly at the washing machines, wishing they still worked.

We continued through the room, the back wall containing a set of double doors that opened to another cell lock. Rick tossed the keys to at Tomas's feet, and he looked at him as of her were insane.

"I ain't opening that."

"Yes you are," Rick responded, nonchalantly. "You want that cell block, you're opening those doors. Just the one though, we need to keep this under control."

"You bitches ready?" Tomas asked, a nervous tilt to his tone as he retrieved the keys from the ground, fiddling to find the right one before shoving it harshly in the lock.

He yanked at the door handle but it didn't budge. He yanked it once more, and I could tell it was all for show. He could've gotten that door open. The third time was a charm for him, but he made sure both doors flew open as he scurried back to the group.

"I told you just the one!" Rick shouted as walkers started spilling out in large numbers.

"Shit happens!" He called back.

We all began fighting them, trying to take them out as efficiently and quickly as possible. Every free moment I had I glanced over my shoulder to make everyone was doing okay. I looked to my left just in time to see Tomas swing his machete right at Rick, who thankfully saw it coming and dodged the hit.

A walker came for me, and I took it out before checking back on Rick to see him flat on the ground, fighting against a walker.

Oh, I was pissed now. Nobody messes with my family.

"T," I shouted through all the noise. "Cover me!"

I ducked through all of the chaos, making my way to Rick and snatching the walker off of him, digging my knife into the base of it's skull and slinging it away from me. I helped Rick to his feet, and he mumbled a thanks before taking out another walker.

"That was the signal," I called out, loud enough for Daryl and Rick to hear.

Not long after all of the walkers stopped flowing from behind the wooden doors, and we all took a minute to catch our breath.

"It was coming at me bro," Tomas shrugged.

"Yeah," Rick responded. "I get it. I get it. Shit happens."

"No!" Andrew shouted as Rick brought his machete down right between Tomas's eyes, staring at Rick like he was some monster. He tried swinging his bat at Rick, but a swift knee to the stomach from Rick stopped the motion short. He rebounded quickly and instead of trying to fight back, he tore out of the room. "I got him!" Rick shouted, racing behind him.

I quickly turned to the prisoner closest to me, Axel, and pointed my gun at his head. "Get down on your knees," I said in a low voice. "Right now."

"We don't have no affiliation with what just happened," Axel cried, doing as he was told. "Tell him, Oscar!"

"Stop talking man," Oscar sighed from across the room, Daryl's crossbow aimed at his head, his hands raised in surrender.

**

"We didn't have nothin' to do with that," Oscar said, the barrel of Rick's gun now pointed at his head.

"You didn't know? You knew, Adasyn, let's end this now!"

"Please," Axel cried as I pulled my hammer back. "Please! You gotta listen to me, please! It was them who was bad, it wasn't us!"

"Oh that's convenient," I spat.

"You saw what he did to Tiny! He was my friend, please! We ain't like that! I like my pharmaceuticals but I ain't no killer! Oscar here, he's a B and E and he ain't very good at it neither! We ain't the violent kind, they were! Please! I swear to God! I wanna live!"

"What about you?" Rick asked, his gun still pointed at Oscar.

"I ain't never pleaded for my life," he responded. "And I ain't 'bout to start now. So you do what you got to do."

**

Daryl shoved the door open to the prisoner's cell block and I shoved Axel inside.

"Oh man," he said, looking at the bodies hanging out of the cells. "I knew these guys. They were good men."

"Let's go," Rick demanded. 

"So you're just gonna leave us in here?" Oscar asked. "Man, this is sick!"

"We're locking down this cell block," Rick responded. "From now on this part of the prison is yours. Take it or leave it, that was the deal."

"You think this is sick?" I asked as I passed the two. "You don't wanna know what's outside. Consider yourself the lucky ones. Sorry about y'alls friends."

"Word of advice," T said, "burn the bodies."

Short chapter - filler :/

HOW BOUT TONIGHT'S EPISODE THOUGH.

WHAT'S UP WITH ROBERT KIRKMAN WANTING TO TAKE EVERYBODY'S DANG LEG.