chino in april

"Come on nigga we gone miss our flight." I yell in Kyle's ear.

He been sleeping in these unsanitary nasty ass chairs for a while and I honestly don't know how's he's doing it. I've been sitting at the edge of my seat ever since we got here which was half an hour ago. It was five o'clock in the morning so I was yawning like no tomorrow.

Today was the big day. My birthday was a couple of days ago and for my birthday my parents surprised me by having my brother come home to see me. It's been so weird being home alone while he's in Cali for the Lakers. Kyle and I were very close ever since I came out of the womb. We have our ups and downs but I love that nigga to life.

Since Kyle is now an adult and has been on his own for a while now, my parents have also agreed to let me stay out in Cali with him. They would visit occasionally of course for holidays and other things but who cares I'm living with my brother!

I've lived in Flint, Michigan my whole life, born and raised. Here in Michigan it'll be cold basically the whole year until May, June, and July but it varies. I know the environment and climate will be different there and I have to admit I'm a little nervous but Kyle says he has some friends he wanted me to meet so I'm not that worried.

Speaking of friends, My best friend, Madison texts me before I try to yell at Kyle again. Im going to miss
Mads already. She and I have known each other ever since we were babies and from then on we knew we were besties for life.

my girl mads 💖: hey Maya I miss you already pooh 😫

She gone make me ugly cry in this airport.

bestie maya💕: stop!! you literally gone make me cry.  I miss you too mads you definitely gotta come to California for winter break 🥰

my girl mads💖: for sure hoe. wyd tho

bestie maya💕: i have to wake Kyle sleepy ass up and the board the plane so i gtg but i love you 😘

my girl mads💖: lol tell him i said hi. and i love you too boo! safe travels 😗

As I powered off my phone and put it in my pocket, I look over at Kyle. Finally, he's up.

"About time you woke up!" I glare at him and he just smiles at me innocently.

"Whatever Maya I wasn't even sleep for that long." He shrugs his shoulders.

I hear over the speaker our flight being called for the last time and Kyle and I both hop to our feet and make a run for security.

————————————————

"Maya wake up we here," I groan as soon as I hear Kyle's voice. What time is it? It don't matter. I'm still tired as hell. I sit up in my seat as Kyle hops out the drivers seat of his Range Rover. He pops the trunk and takes my luggage out the rest of my things would be arriving soon.

After we got off the plane we went straight to Kyle's car and drove home. Kyle lived in a three bedroom apartment and he told me his next door neighbor happened to be his best friend Lonzo Ball.

I obviously knew who Lonzo Ball was because our family was all about basketball and well, I had knowledge about most things. I didn't really care though. I've heard not so good things about the Ball family so I'll just keep my distance and smile and wave when needed.

I hop out the passenger see and I grab my black Nike backpack.

"Ay Kyle what floor are you on?" I ask my brother. I was curious how many floors I would have to go up everyday.