Your Big Day

I continued to look at the brown skin brotha while Joie was speaking to me. "Helloooo?? Lori?!" I snapped out of it, "huh?" "I see you like what you see over there. His friend's kinda cute too. But anyways Happy Birthday girl! You finally legal." I shook my head and laughed, "and what does that supposed to mean? I mean is that a good thing?!?!" "Hell Yeah! That means you can drink, you can BUY your own drink, and you can go to these major parties at the club." I shook my head again. "I don't think I'll like going to clubs anyways. I don't want to be caught in anything and then can't get myself out. People kill a whole lot these days. I know you see it PLASTERED across the tv screen." I was never the one to go clubbing myself, shoot as you can see I am terrified. I mean come on; you don't think about the many infractions that have the possibility of happening within a split-second of you being there? From the time you arrive, to the time you leave... you will always be on the look-out. "Besides what ARE you going to be doing for your birthday today?" "We can go shopping. I just got a couple of dollars from my parents and my grandmother. I will even buy you some things too." "Yeah even though I got paid from working at Ace of Diamonds I got $2000 just for being a bottle girl from 10pm to 4am and I even stay a little later afterwards to clean up which is an extra $200. Baby girl, you just turned 21 so you should come work with me, you know. Just in case, things don't go right." "I don't know about that Joie." "Just think about it and let me know." The thought of this made me cringe, but it was easily shook out of my head and turned into happiness. I have never worked at a strip club before. As a matter of fact, I ain't never worked in my life. My parents always provided for me so that I won't want for anything. But fears still swirled around in my head as I thought about her suggestion and ate my breakfast. "But yassss you can spend on me though." I threw my napkin at her as we died laughing. Hmmm maybe I can do a little work.
____________________________________
Her smile just blew me away and her laugh is everything. I stared at her as she enjoyed her breakfast. Then her and her friend paid for their breakfast and was out the door. I pushed Will out of the booth so that I can follow her out. The boys paid for their food and I tossed my $20 bill on the table and ran out the door quick enough to catch her. "Excuse me miss!" She turned around, her hair almost smacking me in the face. "I didn't mean to bother you, but I was looking at you because you're beautiful as hell." "Uh thank you. But I'm not interested. And yes I know who you are. You and your friend jumped in front of me and almost made me swerve off of the road. The least you can do is apologize." She crosses her arms, while I looked at her hazel eyes. "We are both sorry. But I was wondering can I get your number? Just so I can get to know you better. I think you kinda fly." She just rolled her eyes at me and looked at her friend.
"Really? Are you really gonna cite Tupac in Poetic Justice?" They kept walking. "Do you mind if I get your name? I really do think you're beautiful and I just wanna get to know you." She looked at her iPhone, assuming that she is keeping up with time. "My name is Joie and this is Lorielle. And who are y'all ?" "I'm Bakari, and these are my Bros: Will, Travis, & James." Everybody nodded and waved at each other. "Well can I have your number so that we can talk?" She looked at her phone, tapping quickly. "Here you go," she replied as she handed me her phone. I placed my number in her phone and called mine to make sure I have her number. I gave it back and also gave her a hug. "Nice to meet you." As soon as I tried to let go, she held onto me as if she didn't wanna let me go. "Ummm Lori can you let this man go?! And let's go shop?!" Lorielle let's go of me and grabbed her friend's hand, both girls dashing to the car. "Joieeeeee!! Omg!" I looked back at the boys and they all shook their heads. "What?" "N*gga why didn't you get her friend's number for me?" Will just started walking to the car and we hopped in to finish up our day.
____________________________________
Me and Joie continued to shop in Beverly Hills. I'll show you a few things that I bought:

 I'll show you a few things that I bought: