Lost For Good:Chapter 4

I got to my feet,tired and confused. Around me was something I could only call a forest. I didn't hate forests but for the last nights I'd been half sleeping in one,I clambered half up a tree and peered over only to see more and more bushes and trees. I turned my head and suddenly I saw a few houses,fairly away in the distance.

I headed in the direction of the houses. About twenty minutes later I turned up where the houses stood. There was nothing to do other than knock on someone's door, as I was walking up I heard a bark and I jumped with fear. Five dogs were racing towards me,I knew they ran way faster than I could but I still made a run for it,it was worth the try though because I ended up falling into a pond and as I went under the water,the dogs couldn't see me.

Once I hiked myself out of the water, I lay on the cold hard grass. I was frozen and didn't want to move. "How could the dogs even see me?" I thought to myself.

I slowly walked along back the way I came and saw a really big tree. I strode over to it and when I was standing in front of the tree I noticed there was two really weird carved faces and as I looked down there was a ladder. I could see what was at the bottom of the ladder so I decided to climb down. I had no choice and at least it would pass the time.

I lowered myself down the ladder. Two minutes later I was still climbing down the ladder till my feet reached the ground. I looked around and I seemed to be in a town. There were shops,cafés,theatres and hotels.

I was so confused but I decided I didn't care anymore because I had a new life,new opportunities and choices to make.

I strolled down the rocky pavement and as I was walking down I walked past a cafe. By this time I was starving so I wondered if I could go into the cafe just to buy a burger or something or another. I felt in my jeans pocket but there was no sign of any spare change.

"should I sneak in and take a cake? I then thought to myself, I couldn't starve or I'd die and I wasn't doing all this to die.

I crept inside and remembered no one could see me so I acted normal. I walked through the door that read "staff only". As soon as I trampled through one of the staff that were on the cooker started speaking "could you please step out,this is staff only". "Um how can you see me?" He must of thought I was a lunatic because he replied "don't be so dumb,of course I can see you,you're a human duh" then he whispered "stupid dumbass". I didn't really care because I'd been called one many times.

I quickly took a burger that was sitting on a rack and ran out of the staff door. I didn't have enough time to wait, my stomach was already grumbling like a bear. I shot down the street and turned many corners and if I may say,the streets were really clean.

Eventually I ended up in front of a little cottage bungalow. In fact,there were many little bungalows down in rows across a long narrow street. I slowly walked along the side of the pavement past a few houses till I heard whistling I kept walking till I heard "gonna ignore me all day? Cause I'm gonna keep talking till you give me an explanation". I rushed to turn around "what explanation? I don't need to give you any explanation!". Wow I really sounded confident,for the first time in six months I had been confident in talking to a total stranger. "Um I think you do randomer..you're not meant to stand on our ground" the boy I was speaking to had brown hair swished aside and dark dark brown eyes,I could almost see right through them. Suddenly three other boys walked out from beside there bungalow.

I rushed along the pavement. I was almost running. I didn't know this was private grounds so it wasn't exactly my fault,it didn't even have a sign to tell anyone.

They chased me down the street a bit till they couldn't be bothered anymore.

I came to a stop when I heard a voice coming from around me. I had no idea who it was but it sounded like it was a boy..