chapter six

the day that i marked down in my notes as pre-cemo came rolling around and I had the day off and so I, got ready, and ate, in minutes was out the door and picked up butters, we walk back to my house and we walk in, i'm just about to grab my keys when--

" ok, we'll take his truck".I say in a deflated tone, on the other end was a bright burst of proud laughter.

' ok, ok ill go wake him up and get ready'. 

I don't even ask, and hang up, we sit outside butters hood over head and he has a tight grip on each of his arm, he would shake, but every time id suggest going in he would say he was always shaky and that he fine, a hand full of minutes later and the truck of my nightmares rolls up. that fucker. butters stands and I fallow behind him, twinkle opens her door then I was able to open mine, butters slides to the middle back seat and I sit beside him, we both buckle up and the ride starts.
craig looks at us quickly,cracking a smile at me, i stick my finger up and slump over to the window, as you can see we have history, but i'm willing to just ignore him for the sake of butters, I rest my chin on my hand, watching the road pass in a semi fast speed shot, you know what I mean, the thing you see on those racing shows,twinkle and leo talk in soft morning voices, I on the other hand was trying to fight my eyes from shutting because, last night was hard to sleep, between mom and karon fighting and me having a hard time not smiling to be able to sleep. as we passed a sign of a small town and that's when my eyes shut, the hum of the radio could be hared lightly.

twinkle and butters stop talking at one point and that was all I remember, I woke up about 20 minutes later, though it felt more then what it was, my arm was sore and tingly and cold a little, i pulled off of my hand and crack it, rubbing my eye with a huff i sat up fully,slowly my eyes slide over to butters, him having his mask on and scrolling on his phone. normally he wold be  so far in his music, when he has music, his eyes, they take on this lost...but yet found sense to them, as if  everything that he has on his mined drifts away, but without it he looks lost, and he scrunches his nose a lot, and he bites his nails, I tried to put lemon on them but it never worked.

I pull out my headphones and phone, leo looks at me but then back to his phone, I look through my playlist and find a good song.

sos avicii.

( rip)

before pressing play I detangle my head phones and slide one in butters ear then press play, he jumps at first, must have not noticed, he looks at me and touches the side of his ear, feeling the headphone he smiles, he slides a little closer and scrolls throw his phone again, he was reading a book, me being me had to read over his shoulder, butters noticed and flips back to the first chapter.

" tap me when your on chapter four". his voice small and i can tell he was scared for what was coming up in 77 k.

I nod and he seems to drift into the music like always which is a good sigh i guess, the chapters of the book were long but nothing to bat an eye at, around the end of chapter one of the book the song switches to 'sloppy seconds'. which is a cool song by the way, all you fangirls, kenny likes it so...ha just kidding keep being dope. more time passes and so do songs, let me give you the rundown of both, first lets stat with the songs.

same love

sober

girls/girls/boys (hint hint)

all i want

lost without you

senpi ( which i skipped because of butters)

and a song that I love because it makes butters smile