chapter seven

Kenny pov

I woke up around 8:30, looking over my shoulder I see butters. Mouth open and the side of his cheek lifted slightly, his white blode hair draped over his eyes,headphone still in his ear, shifting slightly to try and get him to wake up because he was making a mess on my shoulder, he doesn't even flinch.
I push him to the otherside of his seat and that's how he stays.

Craig looks at me through his mirror, his eyes tired and baggy, he cracks one of his shit-eating grins, I Huff and pull my hood over my head.

His eyes flick over to twinkle, her having an arm on the side of the window and her chin in her pale Palm, sleeping quietly.

Craig speaks up "so...um what's he got".

" Brain cancer".

"Dang".he nods his head. turning onto a second lain " when's the next appointment".

"Next week, Saturday".

"Want me to drive again...or are you taking the rust bucket".

I roll my eyes, he just want me to say I need him, as usual.

" For the safety of twinkle and butters, yes I would like you to drive, but". He looks at me through the mirror an eyebrow raised, his pale gray eyes looking at my bright blue ones " you mention it to anyone, I'll make sure twinkle never looks at you again".

His eyes jump and his skin pales, I narrowed my eyes and he shots away and simply nods.

The rest of the drive was quite,we get into town around 11pm pulling up to butters house first, I unbuckle and scoop him up, the bend of his knees on the bend of my elbow,my other arm tucked in his armpit,his head digs in my neck, forcing me to rest my chin on the top of his head,not because I wanted to,I did it because otherwise his head was going to crush my Adam's apple.
I slip my hand into his pocket and pull out his house keys. I try and slid my pinky into the key hop, pulling his keys out of his hoodie pocket the keys slip off my finger, I grunt grinding my teeth slightly.

Why is this being harder then it has to be.

"Fuck". I whisper, looking back at the truck that sat in the driveway, hoping for someone to come out and help me,but of course not, I was left to try and keep butters asleep and somehow bend down and grab his house keys.

Taking a slow breath I look down at the keys, I try and rest butters on my knee and swiftly grab the keys,it works and I try again; adjusting butters quickly as possible and putting the key in the door,it all being a smooth movement.

Butters grunts softly and deepens himself into my warmth,I can't help but stop and watch him, he's not okay. But when he sleeps he looks so at peace, I rest my head on the top of his head again, stepping into the warm house,walking slow and closing the door behind me,the fake wood on the floor not making a sound as I walk across, clocks ticking by the door, I slowly make my way to his set of stairs,hoping that his room is up there.

Each step made my heart pound,I don't know why, maybe the dear of being seen and butters waking up, second step, his house smells so good, Everything sweet,I can tell that his mom likes to bake.
Third step taking in the the sights of his house more I can see the detail and care of everything,no dust or mud,makes sense since of butters,but still this is crazy how clean it is.

Forth, fifth, sixth, seventh and I am on the top floor,the carpet warm and cream grey,the walls were a lot harder to decide tone of coulor maybe brown or a weird green. I come to the end of the hall, without falling may I add,that is a mini win for this guy, but anyway. At the end of the hall sat a door, brown definitely, and a small hanging wooden sign that had an 'L' on it, the wood work was messy and choppy so I can tell that it was homemade and not factory made.