Having Fun?

The day with Anna was... interesting. Since she was leaving, I helped her pick out all her outfits for the entire first week of her new school and accessorized her wardrobe. At the end of the day, I left to go back home only to have her stop me in my tracks.

"Sleepover here?" She asks and I eagerly agree seeing that I have nothing better to do. I jog home, pack my things, and settle in for one of our hilarious sleepovers.

Basically we are just normal teenage girls with a taste for inside jokes. One section of Anna's wall is covered in Sharpie messages and jokes from our two years of knowing each other. We still continue to write them out as we come up with them, code names for our crushes, random things that turn weird, heartfelt messages, etc. are just a few things that are colored into her white walls.

"Anything else?" I ask from my perch in front of the Sharpie wall. Anna is sitting on her bed texting one of our friends and looks up to reply, "Did you get Gingy?" I almost die laughing and scribble it down. "Gingy" is the code name for the boy I currently like. Anna jumps off her bed and writes beside it, SQUIRREL. Another nickname.

I change into my sweatpants and retrieve my iPod from my bag, scrolling through texts.

No new messages

I sigh and turn to Anna who is brushing her hair in short strides. She notices me in the mirror and asks, "What are you looking at?" I smile and reply, "I am going to miss you so much."

She gives me a sad smile, sets down her brush, and comforts me, "Well there is one thing I won't miss. Your tickle fights in science." I smile brightly and pinch her side. "No!" She screams and runs from her room, nearly bumping into her mom who orders, "Girls time for bed." Anna sighs and climb into bed beside me, secretly pulling out her tablet so her mum can't see her clicking on Netflix.

We must have stayed up for another hour watching random T.V shows. Browsing and arguing took up a lot of our time, but soon enough we where lightly snoring. I could barely sleep, I was tossing and turning but the street light bleeding through the white blinds was annoying me. Soon, I dragged myself out of her bed and snuck into the bathroom with my phone. I checked my messages and found a new one from my mother:

Mom: Having fun?

Seeing that it was over 30 minutes ago and that my mother would be asleep, I tip-toed back into bed, finally falling into a light sleep.

~~~~~~~~

I awoke to Anna's mother, Marie, shaking Anna. "Hon, time for church you need to get ready." She pleaded only to be replied with a grunt. "I'll get her up." I yawn and Marie left the room.

I look to my peaceful friend and pinch her sides, trying to get her up. Anna only shrugs me off so I move to her arms, which are extremely ticklish, soon enough she is falling off her bed, begging for me to stop.

"Up! Now!" Anna's little sister calls from the hall. Anna stands and screams, "I AM COMING!"

Gathering up my things, I sigh and pull my ratted hair into a pony-tail, say my good-byes, and head back to my own house with my adoptive family.