Two

Friday - 8:15 pm
"Ruel, I don't know how I feel about this."

"It'll be fine Ellie."

"But our parents-"

"They won't know if we don't tell them. We'll be back before before they are, and we'll be fine. So, are you in?"

"I guess I am."

The tall boy before me grins, leaving me to turn on the bedroom lights.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, not exactly sure what was about to happen.

"It's just a precaution." He replies, running into the different rooms, making sure that some curtains were open and some were closed, adding to the effect he was trying to make.

What effect?

The one that made it look like we were at home.

Well, his home.

He rushed back to me, handing me a coat that I immediately knew was his.

I put it on, and before I have the chance to do anything else, he grabs me by the hand and pulls me to the front door.

The cool air hits my face as the door closes, my face stinging due to the sudden change.

We begin to stroll down the road, the streetlights illuminating our surroundings.

"Where are we going?" I ask, not sure how I felt about walking the streets at night.

"Nowhere in particular." Was the response I received.

At first we were talking, making jokes and talking about how rebellious we felt, considering that we had been specifically told not to leave the house.

But that's exactly what we had done.

But as we continued walking, we found that it was nicer to just listen to the noises of the night.

The world seemed so peaceful.

It was beautiful.

But like all good things, it came to an end.

It got late, and we realised that we needed to get home quickly.

The last thing we wanted was for anyone to know.

~
You and I, used to walk the streets at night
Our parents didn't know, we kept the TV goin'
And left on all the bedroom lights
~

A/N:
Buckle up your seatbelt,
This'll be a long ride