City of the Damned

As soon as Andréa stepped outside, she immediately hugged her own body with already shivering arms. She took two deep breaths and forced herself to put them down by her sides. Billie and Mike filled out of the house behind Andréa, still exchanging small muttered words between the two of them. Tré was in front of her and was looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to say something with eager eyes.

"Where do you want to go first?" Billie asked, drawing up next to her.

"Whatever's easiest I guess," she said shrugging, her fingers rubbing against each other for warmth.

"I know where to go," Mike said, walking in front of Andréa and Billie, "follow me." And so they did, the four rejects walked in twos along the streets on Suburbia, sometimes explaining and pointing out things to the female who was obviously not used to the surroundings.

"Why is it called East Jesus Nowhere?" Andréa asked as she spotted the building again.

"Why?" Billie asked, restating the question for clarity, "my brother always tells me it's because it is literally in the middle of nowhere, and the Jesus' office faces the east, and, well, Jesus because the Jesus lives there."

"I think Jesus has now just lost all its meaning to me," Andréa said, shaking her head, "in Aryane they were so strict about being a Christian and praising to the Lord, and whenever I didn't say a prayer or refused to sing, my parents would lock me in my room, which isn't really a bad punishment to be honest..." She paused for a second before apologising.

"Hell no, don't apologise!" Mike said, turning his head round slightly to meet his eyes with Andréas. She looked at him closely and nodded, not looking away. Once he had smiled kindly and turned back, she stared at the back of Tré's head. She couldn't help that strange feeling in her mind, something was tugging towards him, a sense of familiarity that she couldn't quite place. She squinted, trying not to believe that she felt something for Tré's head; she nearly laughed when she thought that, but instead of a small, quiet laugh it came out more like a choking sound which she received multiple looks of worry from her acquaintances.

After a few minutes, they came across two Suburbians who were lounging in armchairs and smoking cigarettes. Tré walked slowly up to one of them and began talking to her. Mike and Billie watched him as if they were watching an episode of a television series for the tenth time that day.

"Who's she?" Andréa asked Billie quietly. She eyed the girl in the chair with a mixture of emotions.

"Tré's girlfriend, Maria," Mike answered. She peered at him curiously before looking at Tré and Maria. From what Andréa could she, Maria had dark orange hair and a few tattoos dotting her arms which held a half-finished cigarette.

"How long?" She asked, more curiously now.

"Wow, you Aryans really are nosy," Mike said under his breath, to which Billie kicked him in the leg. "Sorry..."

"No, it's fine," she answered, despite the small feeling of hurt in her chest,"they program you to do this type of thing without you realising it, it sucks."

"Oh, right, okay," Mike replied, picking his nails.

"They've been going out for a little while, not too sure how long though, he only told us last month and he said he had been seeing her a little bit before that," Billie finally answered to which Andréa replied with a small ah. The trio stood side by side and watched as Tré slowly leaned down upon Maria and kissed her lightly.

"Right lets go," Mike said and Billie laughed heartily. Tré walked back to the group, looking rather smug and walked next to Mike as they continued the journey. Andréa looked at the other girl who was looking at her in return. She had dark brown hair, much like her own, but magnificent blue eyes. She turned towards Billie and asked;