Service

"TAKE ME BABY, OR LEAVE ME!" I lip-synced aggressively towards Alexis. Soon after, I couldn't help but make the goofiest smile. We were finally getting it. It had been around a week since we began working on our scenes and I felt like we were truly getting somewhere with it. We had the rich portrayal and the smart blocking. I was confident in our scene.
     Alexis always returned the smile and I would remind her to look more angry in the scene because she had the habit of smiling too often in a scene meant to be dysfunctional. Even that reminder made her smile.
     When we left class and I headed to fourth period, I remember us texting about it.
     I couldn't get my mind off her. She started to become my distraction from everything that went on in my life at the moment. I started to look forward to the one class I dreaded.
      But she couldn't know that. At least, not in that moment. I didn't want to catch feelings for the girl. Too much was going on with myself and I had to remind myself that it would all go away eventually. I would stop thinking about her once we finally present our scene.
     "Make sure to study the notes we took with that pretty little head of yours" I texted. Ew. IT SENT. I was cringing at myself. I didn't even know why I decided to be flirtatious. I just couldn't stop thinking about her stupid smile on her stupid face when we would talk and I couldn't help myself. I always had this uncontrollable flirtatious side to me. Something about her made me want to flirt with her. It was the first time I had ever flirted with someone since my last relationship.
     Oh jeez, the anxiety I got when she started typing. What was she gonna say? Was this my way of seeing if she was available, or my way of passively telling her I was interested? Was I interested? I started to overthink so much until I finally saw the notification on my screen.
     I waited for a couple seconds. Those seconds felt like hours. I didn't want her to think I was too available, I mean after all I was in class. 'Oh, for crying out loud just read it!' my conscience screamed to me. I picked my phone up and opened it.
     "I will! and yeah my girlfriend would say the same."
     "lol"
I was actually laughing out loud. Fuck. I really just embarrassed myself over this girl I barely knew and cringing at myself in the mean time. I had no idea what I was doing.
     And I liked it.