Problems...?

Chapter 11

After the ride, she told me she wanted to change our hotel room. I didn't understand why. Our current one was already more than enough for the little we actually used it for. But again she pestered me, saying things like "I want something more cozy," and "it's with the money I've won, so it shouldn't be a problem right?" I didn't really care either way. The only thing that was a bit of a letdown was the fact that we already paid for our old hotel room for another two nights. So t was kind of a waste... And since we didn't have an infinite amount of money, we would sooner or later be confronted with the fact that we're not beyond the law of society. While driving around for a while, while she finally said: "There! Let's go there!" I parked in front of the thing reluctantly, and stated the obvious. "What the fuck do you mean there!? It's a fucking motel! Our old place is way better than this shithole." She spewed some bullshit about how she would feel more comfortable in this motel. "Are you for real?" This was the type of cheap ass motel you often see on TV where you park right in front of your room... A nest of prostitutes, that's what this place is. There probably isn't even one security camera installed here, else there would be a lot fewer clients using the damn place. It's not the type of place you would normally call 'cozy.' But then again, I'm supposed to be with a prostitute right now... aren't I...? "I'll go take care of the room, wait right here." She says so while getting out of the car. "No, I'll come with you..." She insisted that she wanted to do this on her own. Do this on her own? What was she babbling about? Is she trying to be more 'independent' or something? Doesn't she realize that she's already 21? I decided to close my mouth and wait. Nothing good would come from arguing with her. She returned after five minutes, and we entered our 'new' room. It was pretty plain, like I imagined it would be. I put down the little we brought with us on the and she instantly says: Let's go to a bar or something! It's on me!" But we literally just got here. Why is she so giddy to leave already? "I wanna drink, and I know you do as well. Let's have more fun like we did yesterday." I walk over to the door and hold it open for her to go to the car. 'Let's have fun every day from now on' I wanted to say those words. I wonder why I forced myself not to tell them. I wonder why I always forced myself to do things a certain way...