not who i am (part four)

You're now sitting in the bathroom after escaping Erica, Robin and Dustin's watch. You and Steve are sitting in bathroom stalls beside one another. Steve groans.

"The ceiling stopped spinning for me.
Is it still spinning for you?" You ask, lying on the ground with your legs up as you stare at the ceiling.

"Holy shit. No." Steve feels shocked at the realisation. "You think we puked it all up?"

"Maybe. Ask me something. Interrogate me." You imitate a Russian accent and her chuckles.

"Okay. Interrogate you. Sure. Um... when was the last time you, uh, peed your pants?"

"Today." You admit.

"What?"

"When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw." You we start cracking up.

"Oh my God."

"It was just a little bit, though." You punch your fingers together and Steve practically face palms.

"Yeah, it's definitely still in her system."

"Oh - All right, my turn." You stop your giggles and sit up.

"Okay. Hit me."

"Have you ever been in love?" You ask, leaning against the wall.

"Yep. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." Steve makes a gun noise and you roll your eyes.

"Oh, my God. Of course, she's such a priss." Steve hums before shaking his head.

"Turns out, not really." You scoff before continuing, your heart thumping loudly.

"Are you still in love with Nancy?"

"No, truthfully she wasn't my first love." He answers honestly, his heart open for you.

"Why not?" You question with confusion.

"I think it's because I found someone who's a little bit better for me, someone who's been there all along, but I messed up the first time." He chuckles and your heart sinks. "It's crazy. Ever since your little brother got home, he's been saying, 'You know, you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie.'" You chuckle, shaking your head.

"Of course, the infamous Suzie."

"To be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure she's even real." You laugh at the sentiment, agreeing full heartedly. "But that's not that's not really the point, that doesn't matter. The point is, this girl, you know, the one that I love, it's somebody that I talked to in school, but not really, we argued a lot." You feel your heart rise in your throat.

"And I don't even know why. Maybe 'cause if we got along and I told her how I actually felt, Tommy H would've made fun of me or I wouldn't be prom king. Maybe it's because I've been in love with her since my Junior year, when I stole her first kiss. I was afraid of ruining my reputation." Your mind flickers back. When you, Robin and Steve had been friends, Steve used to walk you both home home after school. The first stop was Robin an then you. One day, when you got to the door, Steve stopped you and pressed a sweet peck to your lips.