Chapter 3

After that night incident Nandini started avoiding Manik more and Manik was trying hard to make her realize his feelings.

Like this Nandini's vacation ended and she went back to her hostel. There also Manik used to call her and try to make her understand his feelings. But for some unknown reason or we can say due to that day, Nandini tried to stay away from Manik.

Three months passed.

Suddenly Manik stopped calling her. Now Nandini was worried for Manik. She was wondering why Manik is not calling her anymore. She has become used to with his calls now. She wondered, if she was behaving very moody or she threw too much attitude.

"Did I really overreact? Did Manik go away from me again? But why I am thinking so much? It doesn't matter, if he is with me or not. Yes, it doesn't matter," thought Nandini in mind. But she was confused with her own feelings.

Nandini was hesitating to accept her feelings for Manik. She was also not able to go away from Manik.

One more month passed but there was no phone call or message from Manik's side. Nandini also didn't try calling Manik. Again Nandini come back home for vacation. This time she went to Manik's place to meet Kishwar but in real she wanted to see Manik, if he is alright or not.

There also Nandini didn't get any glimpse of Manik. She was feeling restless. She was looking towards Manik's room again and again but he was not there.

Mu (asked raising her eyebrows): Are you searching for anyone?

N (her eyes widened. She fumbled a little and then looked down): No, whom will I search?

Mu : Okay, let's go bhabi is calling us to eat.

N: Hmm let's go.

After lunch Nandini, Mukti and Kishwar was gossiping. But Nandini's eyes were searching for Nandini all the while. She was not feeling easy. Mukti went out for a while, that time Nandini asked Kishwar about Manik.

"Bhabi, I have come here for so long. But I didn't see Manik. Where is he?" Nandini asked indirectly. She didn't want to sound desperate.

"Nandini, you don't know, Manik is going to settle in New York only. That's why he is really busy with the preparation. May be he has gone to talk to some business partner to open a branch there," Kishwar replied making her stunned at her place.

May be it was the last thing she was expecting at that moment.......

Nandini was not able to think anything else. She was not able to understand what is happening around her. Everything seemed dark at that moment.

Nandini wanted to go back home that day only. But Manik's mother and Kishwar did not let her go. She was not feeling well, so she was standing alone on the terrace from a long time.

It was passed evening. Mukti came twice to call her down. But she was still standing at the same place holding the railing tightly in her grip. She suddenly heard someone's footsteps behind her. Nandini thought it's Mukti.

"Mukti, you go. I am coming in a while. But leave me alone for some time," Nandini told without turning behind but didn't get any reply.

Suddenly Nandini felt someone's touch on her shoulder. She turned back to find Manik standing there. She was shocked to be specific out of words seeing Manik in front of her.