4: Hook

"Now I told you that it would be okay didn't I?" Harry said smugly after leaving her grandmothers castle the next morning.

They had a seven hour long drive back and Audrey wasn't prepared to drive fourteen hours in one day, especially after their lengthy conversation with her grandmother. She had accepted him and she spoke to him and he was charming, though a little wild with his jokes.

But she and her Grammy were okay and that's all she wanted.

Audrey rolled her eyes, "I'm pretty sure that I'm the one that told you that while you were fretting over your coat."

"That's not how I remember it." He said whistling some tune as they walked to her car.

"I can ask my grammy for the security tape?"

Harry stopped whistling, "Okay, okay, you told me it was going to be okay."

Audrey smiled happily as she put her arm in his.

"Now do you think she was serious on the threat of having my hand chopped off, because she made it very clear to me during her goodbye that she could definitely make that happen."

"No, of course not." Audrey reassured him but Harry pouted instead of being glad about that.

"That is disappointing."

"You'd slice my cheek if you had that hook on permanently." She said with a raised eyebrow.

"I could always switch my hook for a fake hand?" He offered.

"Why would you want that you psycho?" Audrey giggled, "You have two perfectly working hands and you have a hook, that should be the best of both worlds to you!"

"But I would be able to switch out for so many things? I could have a bat, a fork, or a grappling hook! Then I would be able to swing around like my dear little sister." He said excitedly.

"You could use a bat, you could use a fork, and you could use a grappling hook with your working hands."

"But still-"

"I'll tell you one thing you can't do if you were really missing hand..." Audrey reached out with her other hand and took his hook. Harry protested but didn't do a thing as Audrey placed it on the hood of her car. She then went on to wrap her arms around Harry's waist and he wrapped his around hers. Audrey reached up to him and he eagerly leaned down to kiss her, his hands finding his favorite place-on either side of her face. Audrey pulled away even though protested.

"You would only be able to feel with one hand," she whispered, kissing both of his palms. Harry's eyes were intently on hers as he smiled, pressing a light kiss to her lips.

"Okay, I'm not so disappointed anymore."

Audrey grinned brightly.

"Let's go meet your dad now."

Harry groaned, looking at her car with a frown,"This car is so constricting. I'm going to have to teach you how to sail a boat."

"I'm holding you to that."

...

"Which hotel did you say they were staying at?"

"One of the nice ones." Harry replied vaguely.

Audrey only briefly glanced at him to give him a look. Harry had made his car seat go all the way back and he was currently laying on his back with his feet on the dashboard.

"Can you be a little more specific?"

"It's in the city." He said.

Audrey wanted to slap her forehead.