6: Happy

There were crowds of people outside of the castle, watching the arrival of every prince and princess on monitors larger than the average home. Ben, with the kind heart that he had, had wanted everyone there but of course there wasn't room for everyone inside. So he had drawn names, choosing over dozens of citizens of Auradon and the Isle to attend. Audrey, being a princess herself, naturally had an invite. Harry was her plus one.

Cameras and reporters lined up all along the street, interviewing the crowd between announcing each guest that arrived.

"This is where the fun begins." Harry said teasingly. Audrey smiled and took his arm in hers. None of the jitters that she assumed would be there ever appeared; she was at ease and she was happy.

"...And here we have Princess Audrey, arriving with a new beau!" She heard her name called out and suddenly all the people's eyes were on her. She didn't expect anything less, especially after the trouble she caused only a few months prior.

Audrey gripped Harry's arm tightly and his eyes flitted down to her, offering a gentle smile.

Audrey sent him a smile to let him know she was okay and she turned to wave at the camera. Harry winked, looking confident and comfortable.

Audrey continued walking with Harry to the castle, calm and serene. She could see many familiar faces when she walked in, all settling into their designated spots. Audrey was near the front. She could see Mulan and Shang, thumb wrestling with each other, ever so competitive. Princess Jasmine was there, fixing Aladdins messy hair near the last rows. Her grandmother was sitting beside Cinderella and Prince Charming, and Chad, with a new haircut, was speaking to them. He was one of the groomsmen.

"Audrey? Harry?"

Audrey turned at the same time as Harry did.

"See! I told you it was them." Carlos said excitedly looking over to Jane who came jogging over holding the ends of her blue bridesmaids dress.

"Are you guys together? I thought I saw you guys getting closer during lunch but I wasn't sure how close." Jane said looking between the two of them eagerly. 

"Yes, we're together." Audrey had no trouble saying it.

"Whoa. I wasn't expecting that to happen." Carlos said looking a bit in awe. His eyes widened as he suddenly shouted.

"JAY!"

"HARRY!"

Audrey only had to briefly glance behind her back to see that Gil and Jay were back from wherever they had gone. Harry smiled seeing his friend and Audrey prodded his side and gestured for him to go and greet him. Harry kissed her hand and promptly ran of leaving Audrey with Jane.

"You look happy." Jane said taking her hand and squeezing it. 

They were working on repairing the friendship they used to have—-if Audrey was even able to say that, she hadn't been exactly kind to Jane before. But she wasn't the same frivolous girl she used to be and Audrey could honestly say that she liked Jane as a friend.

"So do you." Audrey said sincerely, looking her over, "Your dress is beautiful."

"Thanks," Jane grinned cheerfully, looking down at her dress, "Evie designed the bridesmaids dress...you know, Mal was thinking of—"

Audrey cut her off there, "I wouldn't have deserved it. Mal and I are okay with each other but we're not best friends. Not like Evie or you."

"She didn't want to hurt you so she didn't ask," Jane's eyes widened, "but don't tell her I said that, she's freaking out right now and I don't want any of that directed at me. I had to let Evie handle it."