Not So Flawless Plan

Back in my room, I took it upon myself to construct a plan that would, 1: Not get me in trouble, 2: Not get me killed, and 3: Make sure I know what I need to know and that's all. Or maybe learn something else I wasn't supposed to now. Judging based on how everyone reacts, I'm not supposed to know why I'm alive again.

Since I decided that patience was unnecessary in this mission, I started mapping out what I'd need to do. Obviously, wait until everyone is asleep. Sneak out into the basement, and go from there. Which might be the hard part. Because I've only seen a little of the place. But...

"Lizzie!" I called in a sing-song voice.

"No," She said right away.

"Oh, please? You obviously know where everything is!" I begged.

"Yes, but I'm not going to help you die again!"

"But you can help me live?" I suggested. "You know what goes on down there! You can tell me what to do so I live! I figure it all out, we move, no one needs to know!" Lizz scoffed. "What?"

"Michael, I have no reason to not help you, but really don't want to," Liz said. "No, wait, I have a reason. I don't know everything and I don't want you to die."

"But don't you know enough?"

"I know the basics, but it seems like every other night, Funtime Foxy and Freddy start freaking out and chasing down anything they see walking around their auditorium. I've seen it happen to Dad a lot."

"Maybe they'll be fine tonight," I said.

"I'm not sure," Liz argued. "They've been really calm these last few nights, and I'm worried it's like a volcano that could explode at the worst time. And if we're thinking about it, this is the worst time something could go wrong."

"I'll take my chances."

"Well what are you going to do?"

I thought for a second.

"Wait until everyone is asleep, sneak out. Find everything out, and be back before morning."

"That's simple," Liz let out bluntly.

"And?" I refuted. "It's the best I have." Liz sighed for a long time.

"Well, I'm sure it will work. If... nothing happens with Freddy and Foxy and no one finds you..."

"So you'll help me?"

"Liz sighed again. "Sure."

"Thank you so much!" I cried. I wanted to hug her, but she wasn't anywhere I could see her.

"If you want to be awake enough to do everything, you might want to sleep a little bit right now. I'll wake you up to get ready when everyone's asleep."

"How do you know I can trust you?" I asked. Liz didn't answer. "Well?"

"Remember how I asked you to not use the controlled shock ever?" Liz reminded me.

"Yes?"

"If I don't wake you up... you can take back your own promise. Okay?"

"Okay." I agreed. "So I should sleep now?"

"It'd be best to."

"Alright. Wake me up."

"I will."

I fell asleep quickly enough, and had a dream that was too long and vivid for me to have slept for a reasonable time.

I was actually seeing through my own eyes, and I was at a party. I was sitting under a table, crying, when Terry and three other teenagers walked up to me and pulled me out from under the table. At one point, they lifted me off the ground and started walking towards the yellow Freddy onstage. Another second later, I was in the jaws of the Freddy, and another second later, I felt the worst pain I've ever felt surge through my whole body. I went limp and blacked out.

Another wave of pain flew through me and that was what woke me up. I quickly sat up and made sure my head was intact.

"Oh, I was just about to wake you up," Liz said.

"Liz?" I asked

"Yeah?"

"I think I just remembered something. But not like someone else gave me the memory, but it was actually me and I had actually died."

"Oh, when you died? Maybe you'll get some more of your memories back soon!" Liz cried. "But right now, Dad's been asleep for an hour or so, and I don't think he'll wake up anytime soon."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Uh... I think it's about one or two. Yeah. It's one thirty."

I looked over at the clock to confirm this. One thirty in the morning.

"Okay," I heaved, trying to gather the courage to do this. "Okay. What am I going to need? Something black. Yeah."

"And a flashlight."

"Hn?"

"I think it's best that you not turn on the big lighting switch, because I'm not sure what kind of alarm Dad could have hooked up to it."

"Alright. Black clothes, flashlight. Anything else?"

"Your will." Liz's voice sounded dull and sarcastic.

"Right. Sure."

After I had gotten dressed and found a flashlight with enough power to get me through at least tonight, I took a few breaths and tried to get ready for what was coming.

"Are you okay?" Liz asked. I nodded.

"I just need to... not wuss out."

"Alright. We just need to be quiet until you get to at least the basement." Liz instructed.

"Okay. Okay," I repeated to myself until I opened my bedroom door as quietly as I could.

"Okay. Just make it to the front door." Liz whispered. Okay. Okay.

It took me almost ten minutes to reach the front door because I was so paranoid I would get caught. I opened the door as slowly and as quietly as I could, and closed it in the same manner. I took a deep breath once I got outside, and made my way to the basement, hoping all my neighbors were asleep as well.

I opened the garage door only enough that I could crawl in and close it quickly, and once that happened, I turned on my flashlight and looked for the trapdoor from this morning. Once I found it, I hopped down into it and closed the door, so it hopefully looked like no one had been there. No proof, no reason to believe something happened, right?

Just after hopping into the elevator, Liz started talking again.

"Oh no," She gulped.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, pushing the button that brings me to the control room.

"Something is wrong with Freddy and Foxy. They're walking around, looking for someone?"

"What someone?"

"Dad. They all are. Even Ballora. Maybe this was a bad night to-"

"No. It'll be okay," I interrupted. "I'll just make sure they don't see me."

"That might be hard," Liz warned. "I'll explain it once you get there."

The elevator crashed to a halt, and I pressed the button that makes the front doors open and crawled into the vent. I reached the control room, making sure to ignore the lights, and waited for Liz to tell me what to do next.