We're outta here | 25

"It takes two flints to make a fire

"It takes two flints to make a fire." 

- Louisa May Alcott

"LEVI, STOP," Iris hissed as Levi sped-walked to his tent, his legs much longer than hers, therefore making it extremely difficult for her to compete. "Let's just think about this, okay. Just don't-"

"I'm going." Levi interrupted. His body seemed hell-bent on getting to his brother; like a magnet attracted to him, its sole purpose to reach him eventually.

Iris grabbed his wrist and tugged him. It seemed useless, almost, trying to get him to see the sanity in her eyes over his hazel ones, glazed with determination. Of course he would be angry, it was understandable: he and Hunter were as thick as thieves, brothers that stuck together through everything in their past. It was hardly a shock that the first thing Levi wanted to do was pack a bag and get the hell out of Camp Juvy straight away. Regardless, she needed him to calm down before they attracted attention. This was something that needed to be thought through.

"Please, just listen to me." She said softly. Almost begging him, she searched his face for any signs that he was truly listening to her. "You can't just go after him. Not now, anyway. This is serious, okay?"

Levi shook his head. "I know it's fucking serious, Iris. Quit stopping me from leaving."

She groaned as he broke free, throwing her hands in the air with exasperation before following him into his tent. "I'm not stopping you from leaving, I'm just trying to get you to understand that if we're gonna find him, we have to plan it out. Like, do you have any money?"

He was silent.

"Exactly." She watched as he sat down on his bed slowly, rubbing his eyes with deflation. "We can do it, but just not right this fucking minute."

After a while, Levi sighed and ran a hand through his blonde hair, one of his legs bouncing up and down nervously as he thought about what to do. "You just said we."

Iris blinked. "What?"

"You said we can do it." His eyes met hers. "You mean you'll find him with me?"

"Sure." She smiled at him. Obviously she was going to help him – that much was out of the question. Levi couldn't do it alone, and Hunter needed all the help he could get trying to be found. Plus, she was a pretty good asset to have on board: the skills, the weaponry, the help from her gang members that could give them money.

"But why would you do that?" He scanned her face, watching as she blushed under his gaze.

She shrugged, looking away, afraid that her eyes would display the feelings that were buzzing inside of her. "I want to help you. Did you really think I'd let you do this on your own?"

Levi grinned. "I'm so grateful for you, you know that?"

"Ah, well," She tucked some hair behind her ears and smiled bashfully. "I'm sure you'd do the same."