aegon

KINGS LANDING

Aegon walked alongside Jon as they walked from Jon's room, in which they left their sister, and Jon's betrothed. Aegon was frustrated. Nothing was working the way it was supposed too. Aegon, of course, knew about his father's plan to unite the Kingdoms, he had been privy to that information as the heir to the throne. A position he was born into, a position he craved; but not like this. Aegon hurried Jon to the King's chambers, that thankfully were located near to their rooms. Aegon saw Arthur pacing outside.

"I can't get through to him. It needs to be you," The dornishman said hurriedly. Jon looked at Aegon with a confused look. Aegon brushed it off and pushed the door open.

"Father, what are you doing?" Jon asked, staring at the man on the balcony. The king made no reply.

"Get down!" Aegon yelled. Rhaegar faced them, his indigo eyes shining with tears and anger.

"I can't!" Rhaegar returned, sadness contorting his features.

"You can't do this. Get down from there. Please, father, my mother wouldn't want this," Jon begged. Rhaegar laughed sadly

"My life is bound to hers, I need to do this, Jon," Rhaegar replied, shaking his head.

"What about my mother? What about us? What about your kingdom? We're not ready to lose you too, father," Aegon shouted, walking closer slowly. Aegon didn't understand how he could be so unfair, he wasn't the only one suffering. Everyone in the castle was suffering terribly, everyone loved Lyanna, not just him.

"I love your mother, I do but she was my duty, I love you all" Rhaegar replied softly. Aegon screwed his face up, seeing red.

"Bullshit! If you loved us you wouldn't be doing what you're doing. Get down for fuck's sake!" Aegon swore, his eyes were filled up with tears but if they were from anger, fear, or sadness, he couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry, my life is bound to her," Rhaegar repeated

"What does that mean?" Jon asked, strangely serene. Rhaegar smiled sadly

"She died birthing you, Jon. I wasn't there, of course, but when Ned Stark found her dying in the Tower of Joy, he took you from her and made her a promise, to protect you no matter what. By the time I arrived there she was dead, but I couldn't live with that. So, a witch brought her back with a part of me and for that, I owed her my life when Lyanna died again. My life is bound to her," Rhaegar revealed, sitting on the ledge on which he was previously standing. Jon sucked in a sharp breath from behind Aegon

"What will happen if you don't die?" Aegon shivered. The once warm air had turned cold. Rhaegar began unbuttoning his tunic.

"What are you doing?" Jon asked, shaking his head. Rhaegar sighed and finished the buttons, he opened his shirts and revealed a black mark over his chest.

"What is that?" Aegon whispered, shaking slightly. Rhaegar frowned.

"A sickness. It will kill me slowly, with a lot of pain," Rhaegar confessed. Jon gasped

"Viserys knew! That's why he is so confident in overthrowing you, he knows you won't be here and he knew Lyanna would die with the pregnancy!" Aegon yelled. Rhaegar nodded.

"I didn't tell him, he found out himself, I still don't know how," Rhaegar admitted, hanging his head. Aegon shook his head in disbelief.

Selfish.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Aegon asked angrily

"I didn't want to appear weak to my enemies," Rhaegar replied as if it was obvious. Aegon was beyond mad now, he was furious. Not only was he being selfish, but he was being an imbecile.