Maelles Rival

Katla has been Maelles rival as long as the two can remember

Katla has been Maelles rival as long as the two can remember. They were born in the same house under the same slave holder. When they were very young they were friends and worked together to find scraps to eat and protect one another.

Eventually the realization came that half the scraps weren't enough, they could protect themselves. The girls fought for the same food they once shared and would throw each other into harm's way to protect themselves.

When Maelle was sold to a palace where she later became a guardian spirit, Katla hitched a ride on the carrige taking her away and ran off into the first where she trained herself to become more powerful than before. 

Stories of the great guardian Maelle traveled fast and Katla grew jealous. Maelle had always been bigger and stronger but Katla was swifter. While Maelle would win their fights over food, Katla had been the one to escape the wrath of their master more often. So why was Maelle the one who got to be famous while Katla hid in the woods?

She joined a guild of adventurers to get stronger. Soon enough stories of her could be heard about the land as well. She and Maelle would be forever rivals and every time they meet, a battle ensues shortly after.