Fifth Picture

She was sitting there on the other side of the classroom next to the window, which is perfect for her, since the sunlight would radiated through the window on her. Her dark brown hair seemed lighter and her face shined brighter. The light illuminated her high cheekbones and wide eyes.

There was no one sitting next to her and I really yearned to go to her, but I can't ditch Declan. Also, the teacher wouldn't have allowed me to sit somewhere else.

Anyway, she was working on the assignment, not really caring about her surroundings. I should be doing the same too, but I couldn't stop watching her. She was so pretty and nice. She never said a bad thing; she always tried to excel in everything. She's perfect. I don't know how long I've been staring at her, but it must've been quite long, because I didn't hear Declan calling for me until he knocked on my head, harshly.

I rubbed the place he hit and glared at him.

"Are you lost?" he questioned and punched me again. I slapped his hand away and pinched his cheek hard, since he loathed that.

"I hate you," he muttered, rubbing his cheek.

"You started it," I simply said with a shrug.

"I was just asking you a question, but you were in la la land with her," he wiggled his eyebrows, "with Eliza," he whispered. My eyes snapped away from her to Declan.

"Shut up." My lame reply was.

He grinned as he made kissy faces. I pushed him and he almost lost his balance. If only he had fallen from that chair. It would've made my day.

"Come on, you can tell me she's your crush," he poked my cheek and winked multiple times, "I'm not going to tell her," he ended with a huge smirk plastered on his face.

"Fuck off, Declan," I turned away to face my table with papers and pens scattered all over it. "What did you want to ask me anyway?" I tried to change the subject, but it worked to no avail, because this is Declan we are talking about. I rolled at that thought.

"Ah hell nah," he narrowed his eyes, "you aren't changing this conversation. So, tell me."

"What," I asked clueless, even though I knew what he was talking about.

He flicked my forehead and I glared at him.

"Why are you being so violent today, jerk," I tried to insult him. I frowned.

"Asshole," he replied back.

"You are such a lousy friend. Tell me, if she is the girl you are crushing on," he pretended to be thinking, "Oh never mind I already know the answer to that. You've been staring at her endlessly," he wiggled his eyebrows again, "So, what are you going to do about it?"

"Uh, nothing, she probably doesn't even notice me," I mumbled sadly.

Declan shook his face "Then be a man," he exclaimed a little too loudly, causing the teacher to glare at us. We both muttered our apologies and stayed silent for a moment. She looked our way. She did.

The sound of the chair moving got my attention. Declan stood up and walked towards the teacher, though it looked like he was walking that way until he turned to the left between the row on the left and in the middle. No way, shit. What is he going to do?

Declan seated himself next to Eliza and started talking to her. I'm going to kill that, bastard. He pointed at me and Eliza glanced at me. Quickly, I averted my gaze from her, pretending to be working on my assignment, but I knew she saw me staring at her.

My cheeks felt warm and I felt embarrassed. Eventually, I put my head on the table covering the sides of my face, so no one could see me, trying to hide from the world. When the bell rang I stood up and ditched Declan, who still hadn't come back to his assigned seat.