Poorest Kid In Town

Kenny x Reader: Poorest Kid In Town

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I slowly opened my eyes. Only to face disappointment.

That I am me.

That I am poor.

That no one cares.

And that I am still alive.

I rolled out of my bed and got in front of my dirty, broken, old mirror. I stared at my body, that had been on fire a few hours ago. I moved my eyes up to my face....the dark feeling was back. Tears got together behind my eyes.

Even though many girls would describe my golden/blonde hair and deep blue eyes as 'hot', I didn't like what I saw.

I closed my eyes to stop the tears and put on my orange parka....to hide what I didn't want people to see.

I continued my day as always; greeting my parents(who didn't care at all), greeting my sister (who I felt really bad for), ignoring my bitchy brother and off to school....skipping breakfast. Not just because we barely had any.

My friend Kyle, Eric and Stan were already there. Nice clothes, washed and nice haircut, expensive bags and school supplies. They were talking about something uninteresting. Soon, they noticed my presents and mixed me into the conversation.

"Do you think you're coming too, Ken?" Kyle turned himself towards me and waited for an answer hopefully.

Not knowing where the conversation was about, I shrugged.

"Of course Kenny isn't coming! You need to pay 30 bucks. Kenny can't afford that. His parents are poor" Eric commented.

Even though I was used to it, because I heard it everyday, it still hurt. My family was the poorest, everyone knew it. But that wasn't really the reason that I was sometimes somewhat 'depressed', it was more because people made fun of me and because my parents didn't seem to love me.

I didn't react on Eric's comment and just looked away. I knew that if I would speak, you would be able to hear the sadness in my voice.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Stan's pov

Everyone had noticed it. It was clear as hell. Something was wrong with Kenny.

We all got on the bus, and I sat next to Kyle. I turned around to see where Kenny had ended up, only to find him sitting alone in the back and Cartman sitting next to Butters somewhere in the front.

I leaned in closer to Kyle. "You noticed it too, right?" I asked, staring at the floor.

"What?" Kyle looked up from the window he had been staring out of.

"Kenny. He is acting......weird. I think he might be a little....depressed" I whispered.

Kyle sighed. "Yeah.... I noticed.... What can we do?" That's what I had been asking myself too.

"I don't know. We should talk to him about it...." I proposed.

Kyle nodded. "We can ask him to go with us to skip school?"

"Can't my parents are calling Mr. Garrison every day to check on me, because of last week..." I grinned a little.

"Then we will just ask him during recess"

I agreed and turned around to look at Kenny one more time. He was just sitting there....staring out of the window....his hand on his wrist, which worried me.