Chapter 1: The Meeting

It had been a fairly nice morning, all of the mornings had been nice so far. At least this week. It was almost as if someone had been watching and waiting for the perfect time to release a storm; and apparently the perfect time was at exactly 11:09 am. Just two minutes after Crowley had turned down the street.

The moving van pulled up to the apartment building. Crowley, a tall thin fellow with a pair of dark sunglasses on, stepped out of the van and immediately cursed the sky, "Well fuck you too then!" Crowley wiped water off of the lens of his glasses. He reached into the front seat looking for an umbrella before scowling. He had apparently left his umbrella in his Bentley which he would be going to get from his family's house tomorrow. But, that didn't do him a lot of good now considering his umbrella, and Bentley, were about 30 minutes away and he was standing in the rain now.

Luckily for him, A small white Kia carrying a very kind gentleman had just pulled up a parking space away. Aziraphale stepped out of his car popping open the umbrella immediately. He had noticed the moving van immediately but he hadn't noticed the lanky man standing next to it with his back to Aziraphale. He smiled and called out to Crowley, "Forget our umbrella, did we?"

Crowley, who was in a fairly bad mood because he was soaking responded sharply "What gave you that impression? Think I was taking a shower?"

"It was just a question, no need to be rude," Aziraphale huffed, He really wasn't good at small talk.

Crowley turned around ready to give this socially challenged idiot a piece of his mind but the words got stuck in his throat. He was looking at the most beautiful man he had ever seen. No, beautiful didn't quite cut it. He was downright angelic.

"Sorry, Didn't mean to be crass. Its just..." Crowley gestured to himself.

"Oh dear, I'm dreadfully sorry. I've been sitting here chatting it up and you're catching your death," As Aziraphale was talking he walked over and put his umbrella over Crowley, exposing himself to the elements.

Crowley was suddenly glad it was raining, It let him get a closer look at what he definitely thought was an angel on earth. Aziraphale shivered with the cold, "Could I tempt you in for a spot of tea until the rain stops? No use in both of us catching a cold."

Crowley looked down at him, "I suppose I could spare a few minutes, at least until the rain stops."