Chapter 4: Family Matters

Crowley had just unloaded the last box when a black vintage beetle pulled up and outstepped a short woman with black hair. She had oversized red glasses which she had pushed up onto her head.

"Crowley, Got it all done without me?"

"Well what was I supposed to do Beez, wait till you felt like helping? You're already two hours late"

Beezulebub shrugged, "It ain't my fault, Hastur and Ligur we're arguing again. That got everyone all fired up,"

Crowley rolled his eyes, "Sounds like things are normal then. Well, what do you want then?"

"Can't a sister just drop in and make sure you're okay?"

"Sure, but not you."

"Look, this buisness idea its stupid. You don't know how to run a business, You can barely do the laundry." While her words were concerned, her tone was condensing.

"Beez, don't even try it. You aren't guilting me back this time. You can tell Hastur and Dad and everyone else that I don't want any part of it," Crowley snapped back. He crossed his arms narrowing his eyes at his older sister. They were always at each others throats.

"Fine, but I'll be gloating the moment I see you on the doorstep begging for a place to live," She responded snidley crossing her arms. She got back in her bug and sped off, nearly taking out a stop sign.

Crowley shouted after her, "I hope you choke!"

Crowley wanted to storm back inside and collapse into bed to mope but he had to get the truck back to the rental place. He got in the seat and started to sulk as he drove down the street. He sighed glancing back at the apartment building thinking of his new neighbor and how kind he was earlier. While it wasn't safe while driving, Crowley had started day dreaming, He has really nice fluffy looking hair and soft looking pink lips and rosy cheeks- Oh fuck, I wanna kiss him. Well, maybe more than that but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

A car horn blaring brought him back to the real world, He had to swerve to avoid colliding with oncoming traffic.

"Fucking hell, Eyes on the road" he murmured to himself.

Crowley got back at about 7pm, right before sunset. And to his delight Aziraphale was outside watching it. Crowley pulled up next to him in the Bentley and honked the horn surprising Aziraphale. Aziraphale had dropped his book and let out a high pitched, "Oh dear!"

Crowley laughed, "Sorry, Zira. Didn't mean to scare you," He got out of the car and picked up the dropped book, "Sunset's pretty, Innit?"

He took his book back smiling up at Crowley, "Oh yes, I enjoy watching it most nights. My grandma watched it a lot with me when I was younger, My aunt Micheal always told stories when we came inside."

"That sounds nice, sometimes I wish my family were more like that."

Aziraphale unsure of how to respond, reached out to pat Crowley's shoulder. Crowley instinctively flinched away from his hand before muttering a muffled, "Sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one to apologize, I didn't mean to scare you," He looked genuinely concerned which Crowley wasn't used to.

"Zira, Why are you being so nice? We just met this morning."

"I just...well, I don't think theres any reason to be mean to potential friends."

"You're too good for this world, Angel-" Crowley froze. Did I just say that out loud? Oh god, I did didn't I?

Aziraphale felt his heart nearly stop, "Oh, well I, uh..." His face had turned a spectacular red. Angel, huh? He called me Angel

Crowley cast a quick glance over and almost fell when he saw Aziraphale's cheeks were as red as his. They stood in silence for a few moments before they both turned.

"Do you want-" Crowley Started.

"We should go-" Aziraphale said at the same time. "You first," he gestured.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come over and watch a movie, But if you're busy..."

"Oh, what a coincidence. I was going to say we should get inside. And I was going to invite you over" Aziraphale laughed nervously.

Crowley had a small smile, "I'd love that, Angel. Who's place?"

"Lets go to mine, I'll give you more time to move in and get settled."

"Then we're in agreement. Your place. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be right over."

"Take all the time you need, Dear."