Chapter 41

Katsuki's Point of View

Damn Deku and I fought last night. As punishment, we've been put on house arrest for a few days. Three for me and two for him, since I instigated the fight. On the way back to the dorms I had learned about the relationship between All Might and Deku. About how Deku inherited the One for All quirk. It pisses me off that he was the one to get it but Hana must be happy for her brother. He didn't have to go through the same pain and torture to get a quirk.

As the rest of the class left for the day, I'd made note that LookAlike and Icy Hot weren't with them. She was probably sleeping in for once but it wasn't like IcyHot to half-ass anything, even if it was waking up for classes. I needed an excu to see Hana so I told Deku that I was collecting the trash bags from the higher floors. He looked like he had something to say but I'd left before he could. When I knocked on the door to Hana's room everything was quiet. Yup, she was asleep. I started pounding on the door and yelling.

"Wake up, look alike. You got class!" There was the sound of rustling and the door opened. Unfortunately for me, it wasn't Hana that opened the door. A disheveled Todoroki stood in the doorway, rubbing his eyes and yawning. Peering in behind him, I saw Hana curled up in her blankets.

"What the hell are you doing in Hana's room?" I balled my fist in the heterochromatic boy's shirt. I was calm on the outside but on the inside I was irately livid. Half n Half shrugged.

"I must've fallen asleep after last night." There was a soft groan from inside the room. When I looked over, Hana was sitting up and staring at the exchange with tired eyes. It took her a couple seconds to process what was going on right at her doorway. Once she did, however, she was up so fast she nearly fell on her face. I would've laughed if I wasn't so pissed.

"Woah, woah," she held her hands up, attempting to get between me and Half n Half. "This isn't what it looks like."

"Then what is it?" She flinched at my cold tone. "Cause it looks to me like this bastard spent the night in your room, on your bed." I pushed Todoroki away from me, stuck my hands in my pockets and left down the hall. I didn't even pay attention to the girl chasing after me.

"Oh come on, Katsuki. Look at me." Hana grabbed my arm, causing me to stop in my tracks. "Would you just hear me out? It isn't that bad." She laughed while she was talking, almost like she couldn't believe that I was reacting this way.

"Its not that bad?" I turned to her, glaring. "I went to wake you so you wouldn't miss your classes today and I catch my girl sleeping in bed with another guy. One of her twin brother's friends! How is that 'not that bad!?"

"When you put it like that you're making it seem like I slept with him!" I gave her a look that made her stop in her tracks. I stopped in mine when I saw the betrayal written across her features. Hana chuckled as if I'd made a huge mistake. "You think I slept with him. You think I opened myself up to him in a way that I haven't for you." I stayed silent. She knew damn well thats what I thought happened between her and IcyHot. LookAlike left to her room, shaking her head, and came back with the tattered book that Deku gave her when she was in the hospital. She slammed it against my chest and glared at me. "Read that and then tell me if I'd open myself up so willingly."

Hana left me there, holding the notebook that Deku was so adamant about me not reading. I didn't see Hana for the rest of the day.

~~~~~~

Hana's Point of View

Instead of going to class like I was supposed to my feet carried me to the abandoned mansion where quirkless met up and bonded over their love for music. I needed time and a place to think. The cement pool was empty and the surrounding areas quiet. Nothing like how this place is in my nightmares but still unnerving. All I've ever known this place to be at night is no where near what it is during the day. It was beautiful in a broken sort of way. Just like me I suppose.

I sat at the edge of the pool and stared at my hands. Dangerous weapons that were made to kill. Villains hands. So many thoughts were running through my head that my mind seemed quiet. It was anything but. I faintly registered chilling laughter. Familiar laughter. Just as if I were in one of my dreams, a shade like version of myself appeared before my eyes. She wore a camo crop top with the golden scarf wrapped over her shoulder and around her exposed waist, cutoff denim shorts that had the pockets pulled out, black combat boots with thick knee high socks and her long hair was tied up into two curly, green pigtails. There was no choker to control Emotion and her eyes, instead of being green like my twin or mother, were blood red.

"We finally meet face to face."