prologue

My attention came to him when I noticed his obvious uncomfortable situation .

Tucking my book into my bag I grabbed the mayor's loud speaker " do you mind " I asked politely as he excitedly bounced , happy that this Halloween was such a success.
" no no go ahead "
I flipped on the switch and spoke loudly to catch the crowding citizens of halloween towns attention.
" the mayor still needs to give prizes " I said quite unempathetically placing all the attention on the poor man .

But happy as he was he didn't seem to mind .
I quickly handed him the megaphone and came to Jack's side. He looked drained .

Annoyed I brushed his shoulders from their grabbing hand prints . " They smother you " I grumbled as I straightened his bowtie .

Apprentice tip : always make sure your Master is looking sharp . Assist him or her when they look like they need a touch up .

Jack sighed in exhaustion placing his hand over his skull .
I released him and looked up as I only stood to his chest . " are you alright " I asked in concern .
" No ...I need to take a walk. Please make sure the house is clean when I get back "
I nodded with a smile.
" Of course Jack "
He allowed me to call him this . He hated being called sir. It made him feel much too important as he stated .

Of course as he walked away I did not return home . I followed. Quiet and hidden in the shadows of the lingering building I paced his every move .
I knew something was off .

Making my way ahead of him without his notice I dashed into the cemetary to take my place hidden behind a large grave .
However when something touched my shoulder I jumped just a bit .
" ah - oh hi Sally "
Sally was a good friend of Jack's so I needed to respect her. Though I always found her shyness to be a tad unhelpful . It seemed Jack listened to her on occasion.

Which would usually help me in the long run when Convincing him not to be too rash when jumping on new ideas . But she always remained Quiet .

The pale moon shone on the graveyard and lit Jack up perfectly . His frame highlighted as he entered the graveyard with elegance . I almost stared . He was beautiful.

But of course I could not lust after him . He was my Boss not my lover . I wasnt here to gaze and admire . I was here to find out what was wrong with my friend ...