Ch. 5

Marinette stood in front of the lost boys as Cat Noir gave them the latest bit of news.

"It has come to our attention that Princess Tiger Lily has been captured. We will all go to Skull Rock together and save her. After that we will return her to her family."

Nibs raised a hand. "Yes?" Cat Noir asked.

"Can I lead the fight?" Marinette looked at Cat Noir, and he glanced at her. She gave a subtle nod.

"Of course, Nibs, but leave the saving to me." Nibs nodded.

"Wendy?" Cat Noir asked; Marinette turned to him.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to lead us?"

"Sure. Grab your swords everyone!" The lost boys ran off to prepare for battle, and Marinette saw Cat Noir reach for his staff, but it wasn't there. He looked confused for a moment before understanding dawned in his eyes. He walked over to a bucket of swords and picked two up. He then headed over to Marinette and handed her one.

"Can you fight?" He asked quite seriously. She smiled. If only you knew.

"Not really."

"Let me show you. Hold your sword like... this." He helped her position her hand; he then took up a position across from her.

"Ready?"

She took her stance. "Ready." He suddenly came at her and swung at her right side. She stepped back out of the blade's reach and swung at him. He deflected it. They carried on for a few more strokes before she found herself a breath away from Cat Noir. The only thing between them was their interlocked swords.

"I think you're ready." He pulled away and sheathed his sword next to his dagger.

"Oh! I forgot that was there. Oh well, I suppose it shall have to be my backup. I've never really been good with a dagger anyhow."

"Oh." Was all Marinette managed to say. She was still dwelling on their close encounter.

"Coming?" Cat Noir called. The room was empty.

"Where is everyone?"

"They're waiting for us up top. Come on. Tiger Lily needs saving." She followed him out. Once they joined the others, Cat Noir walked around and sprinkled each child with pixie dust. Tinker was surrounded in a red light. He definitely isn't like the real Carapace. Marinette thought.

"Ready, everyone?" Cat Noir asked.

"Ready!" They answered. Then, with Cat Noir in the lead, the group flew off into the sky. Marinette caught up to Cat Noir.

"We're going to Skull Rock. It's over... there!" She pointed to a large rock in the shape of a skull. It was sitting on a lone island a bit away from the main island.

"I can see where it gets its name." Cat Noir joked. They flew to the rock and landed on the outskirts of the island.

"Okay, here's the plan." Cat Noir addressed the group. "You guys need to make a commotion out here. Once captain Hook hears it he'll come to investigate. I want you guys to hide. While he's gone I'll trick Smee into letting Tiger Lily go. Then we can leave with the princess. Everyone got it?"

Nibs raised her hand. "Yes?" Cat Noir asked.

"Will we be able to fight?"

"If all goes as planned, no."

"Aww. I was really hoping we could."

Cat Noir turned to the rest of the group.

"Any other questions?"

"I need to go to the bathroom." Michelle said. Cat Noir was silent and looked to Marinette for help.

"I can take care of it. You guys go ahead and start the plan."

The lost boys, Cat Noir, and Tinker flew off. Marinette watched them go. Michelle tugged on Marinette's hand.

"Come on, Wendy. I really need to go!"

Marinette turned her attention to the small girl. "I'm coming."