Ch. 3

Marinette layed peacefully on her bed. So comfy. She thought dreamily. Slowly, a red light seemed to shine in her room. She frowned. What's that? She decided to ignore it because she felt quite cozy, and she determined that the red light wasn't worth her time. After the red light came gentle footsteps, and her brow wrinkled. Why can't I ever get a moment's rest! She opened her eyes angrily and sat up in bed. To her alarm she saw that she actually wasn't in her room; she was in someone else's. She jumped up and looked around. She couldn't see much because the only light was coming through a large bay window on the opposite side of the room. It seemed that toys were everywhere. There were two other beds were in the room. At each end of the three beds was a chest. Two children were sleeping in the other two beds. Where am I? She wondered.

"Marinette?" She heard someone say. The voice hadn't come from the children because the two of them were sleeping. She turned around and found herself gazing into two familiar emerald eyes.

"Cat Noir! What are you doing here? Do you know where we are? And... what are you wearing?" She rambled. Cat Noir looked puzzled, and at her last question he gazed down to look at his outfit. He was in green tights and a long, leafy green shirt. A brown leather belt was around his waist, and a golden hilt dagger rested in it. In between his two black ears sat a green hat with a bright red feather sticking out of it. Besides the black ears, his black mask was the only thing left of his suit.

"You look like... Peter Pan?" Marinette was confused as to how he came by this change in clothing.

Marinette suddenly heard an angry burst of bells. She turned to see a tiny Carapace hovering in the air; he was surrounded by a red light.

"Cara-" Marinette started to say, but Cat Noir interrupted her.

"Marinette can we talk alone?" He gestured his head to the tiny figure.

"Sure." Marinette said after a moment's pause. She stumbled through the poorly lit room until she reached a dresser. She reached for a dark shape that she believed was a lamp, and she clicked it on. The room was instantly filled with a soft light, and Cat Noir and Marinette were able to see much better.

Marinette looked around the room. It was indeed filled with toys. There was a bucket full of swords, hats, and figurines; a quaint dollhouse sat in a corner. There was a large bookshelf filled with colorful children's books. One of the kids turned over on the bed, but they continued sleeping. She looked up and noticed that the ceiling was painted like the sky. Cool!

"Wow. Marinette you look..." Cat Noir's sentence was left hanging. Marinette looked at him quizzically and walked over to the mirror. She gazed at her reflection and gasped.

"What happened to my hair!" Her hair was down and the sides of her hair were pulled back and tied with a blue satin ribbon. Her normal clothes had disappeared; she was now in a long, blue satin nightgown. Her feet were bare.

"Your hair looks nice." Cat Noir said tentatively. Marinette shook her head, and she frantically started rummaging through the dresser and a jewelry box that sat on top of it. She quite disliked her hair being down; it always got in the way. Much to her disappointment she couldn't find anything that she could use to restore her hair. She groaned. Guess I'm gonna have to live with it.

"Okay, Kitty. Let's talk." She dragged Cat Noir into the hallway. Carapace started to follow, but Marinette shut the door before he could.

Cat Noir looked shocked. "You okay?" He asked her with wide eyes. Marinette took a deep breath and paused. Then she let it out.

"I'm fine. Now, do you know where we are?"

Cat Noir sagged. "I was hoping you would know."

"Carapace doesn't know then? And what's up with his size? I didn't think that was his superpower."