Ch. 10

As they flew toward the Jolly Roger, Cat Noir thought about his conversation with Marinette. What exactly was I going to say? Marinette I... I... what?

"Land there, Cat Noir." Marinette interrupted his thoughts and pointed to the main sail post. "When we land cut the lost boys loose. They can help us fight."

"But they don't have any weapons." Tinker chimed.

"What did he say?" Marinette asked.

"The lost boys don't have any weapons, so how will they be able to help us fight?"

Marinette was silent as she thought. "I can go below decks and get some weapons, but you must keep the pirates distracted. If I stay hidden they won't think to look for me because they think I'm dead, remember?"

Cat Noir nodded. "You know, Marinette, you are one smart cookie."

"Thanks." She said. "Drop me off on the side closest to the door that leads below deck. I can hang on to the rail, then when you distract them I'll pull myself up and go."

"Are you sure?" Cat Noir asked.

"Positive." He looked her in the eye and saw she was determined. He flew over to the spot she indicated and let her go once he was positive she had a firm grip on the railing.

"Go, Cat Noir! I can't hold this very long!"

Cat Noir flew off, but then went back to her. "Let Tinker stay with you. He can help." Marinette hesitated a second, but she nodded.

"Stay here, Tinker. Help Marinette get the weapons."

Tinker saluted. Cat Noir flew off onto the ship and landed by the lost boys. "This is a rescue!" He shouted loudly. Many of the pirates saw and he was soon swarmed, so he flew up and sat on the cross of the post.

"Come down here and fight like a man!" Hook shouted once he had pushed his way through the crowd.

"I could, but it's more fun this way." He swung his legs back and forth and smiled cockily. "Why don't you come up here?" He asked innocently. Hook looked like he was about to explode.

"You insolent boy!" He opened his mouth to let out his blind rage when suddenly he stopped. His eyes lit up evilly.

"You're too cowardly to come down here, aren't you?"

"Cowardly? Me? Never!" Cat Noir said.

"You wouldn't even save Wendy. She drowned all alone, with no Peter."

Cat Noir's eyes flashed. He knew Hook's words were false, and he couldn't stand for the pirate to believe that lie a second longer. He stood.

"I challenge you to a duel!"

Hook rolled his eyes. "How do I know you aren't going to fly away?"

"You have my word." Cat Noir crossed an arm over his chest and bowed. Hook smiled.

"Fine then, a duel, but you can only use one arm. The other stays behind your back at all times."

"Fine, but that rule goes for you too." Cat Noir wanted to make sure the pirate wasn't up to any tricks.

"Deal."

Cat Noir was about to fly down, but then he had an idea. "Let's battle up here. I won't fly, but let's make it more interesting." I bet his balance is awful.

"Fine." Captain Hook climbed up the rope ladder until he reached the spot where Cat Noir was. They shook hands solemnly, and then backed away a few steps. They both got in position. They both raised a hand behind their backs.

"Ready to die, coward?" Hook sneered.

"Not on my watch! En garde!" Cat Noir ran at Hook, and Hook raised his sword. Their swords met with a loud clang, and the duel began.