Chapter 7: Regent's Son

Past...

I still can't believe. It is him. It is the regent son who sent those bandits. He didn't tell me the reason but he said that I'll regret the choice I made.

Regent's Son is known for being truthful at anything he says. He never fail to do anything.

For sure, I won't die that easy. Even tho I cannot die. He'll torture me to death.

But... I need to know his plans. It's for the King's safety. Protecting the King is my job.

Even tho... No one dares to fight the Regent's son. No one. But I'm that 'no one' who would dare to.

An idea came into my mind.

I better be leaving tonight so that my plan would have a progress early.

I went home.

I'M NOW looking around here, In the popular drinking house at Goryeo.

All of the women here are looking at me. While the men, They are glaring at me because I was stealing the attention that they wanted to have from those women.

Well my bad, I didn't meant to steal the attentions of their concubines.

Anyways, back to business. I'm here because I heard that, The Regent's son is always here every single night. But no one knows his appearance nor his real name.

It would be hard to determine from these men to know who he is. I looked at every single man in here.

Then one of them caught my attention. He's the only guy who is drinking and doesn't care about these concubines trying to get his attention.

I sat in the table next to his and examined him. He has god-like appearance. Probably the reason why these girls are catching his attention.

But why doesn't he use this appearance of his? Like typical men in this world. I mean.. Even me, I use my appearance especially when it come to my needs.

I sighed, "He's not my subject here."

I was about to look around but then...

"New comer huh?"

He called me. I faced him. When our eyes met he smirked.

I only looked at him and didn't answer. I just looked around the place.

Then I felt someone sat into my table. I faced that person furiously, thinking that it was a concubine but-- It's him.

"Searching for a concubine? Or perhaps.. Someone?" He asked then he took a sip from his cup.

"None of your business." I replied.

"Tsk! Searching for someone I see."

I faced him, looking straight in to his eyes.

How did he know?

A smirk formed into his lips. "So I'm right then hmm? Who are you looking for?"

I cleared my throat, "Again, It's none of your business."

"It's none of my business? Do you even know who am I?" Damn, He use his cold voice. Does he think that it would work?

"I don't care who you are. Like again, It's none of your business!" I replied and stood up.

I exited the place. I sighed in frustration as I was walking away.

"First, My subject is not even there then this fucking guy there is so fucking annoying! I just wasted my time!" I said out loud. Not minding the people passing by looking at me.

"Who's that guy exactly?" I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

I faced him furiously, "You."

"I rarely approach anyone bud. You should be glad." He said.

I can't believe this guy.

I was about to walk away again but--

"Is the person you are searching for that important? I think I can help help you with it." He then added.

I faced him again, "Really?"

He nodded, "Yes."

"Then let's go on somewhere private."

WE RENTED a room here in the drinking house.

"So.. Who's this person that you are searching for?" He asked.

"The... Regent's son." I answered, seriously.

Making him looked at me with 'unbelievable' face. "Why?"

"I'm a Captain. I'm Captain Kang to be exact. I need to protect the King at all cause." I replied with full of authority.

His lips suddenly turned into a smirk, "So you're Captain Kang huh?"

"Yeah, Is there something wrong about i--" He suddenly took a knife from his pocket and pointed it at my throat.

"Try me, Kang. You won't be able to escape this place alive. I'm the Regent's son by the way." He smirked.

My eyes widened, "You're who--"

"I don't repeat words, Kang." He replied furiously. I felt the cold tip of the knife touched my throat. I gulped.

I can't let him try to kill me here. I can't let anyone that I'm not a human.

He smirked, "Don't worry, I won't let you die that easy." He then put his knife back to his pocket.

Making me sighed in relief.

"However, You'll need to face me again. Oh and you're doing your service for your King that's why you're here to stop me huh? Well, I suggest to you to stop. You're at the siding the bad side." He warned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You will know if you leave your king and come with me to serve Yuan." He said.

"I heard about you being the greatest fighter here in Goryeo huh?" He added.

"I can't just go against MY King without knowing the reasons." I said furiously.

He smirked, "I'm gonna give you a day to decide. Trust me, You'll regret siding your so called King."

"Plus there's a lot of opportunities in Yuan. Think about it. I'll be going now." He added and stood up.

He left me alone in this room. I sighed in frustration.

I don't wanna side against the Goryeo King but the thing is...

The Regent's son don't tell lies... And that's a fact. He never lies.

At this point, I should be believing him but why am I in doubt?

There's also another reason for me to side Yuan, It's my brother. Fighting Yuan means, I'm against my brother.

The only reason why am I in between these two is... I don't know the reason why is the Regent's Son going against the King. Did the King did something illegal or something?

It must be something seriously and I need to know what is it. But how?

I closed my eyes and focus on thinking. Thinking if I heard something about it a long time ago.

Then a memory flashed into my mind.

"There's this rumor about the King... But that rumor can't be true right?"

Who am I lying to? It is said to be true. That must be the reason.

It's about the King trying to strenghten his army in able to go against Yuan and take the Emperors crown.

At this time, I've decided my side.

-----------

Double update for y'all. I just want to inform you that I changed a word in the last update and that word has an important role in the plot so better check it up again especially when you read it just after I updated. This is a reminder for those early peeps just in case.