Chapter 26: Threat

A/N: HAPPY 1K READS. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS FIC.

OH ANYWAYS THE END GETTING NEAR. I PREPARED FOR SOMETHING. SO STAY TUNED.

---------

PRESENT...

I yawned and stood up from the couch to get the remote in the table to turn off the TV. I put the remote back to the table and left the living room

I entered the kitchen and head to the fridge. I open it and took the bottle of milk. I got myself a glass and pour the milk in it. I put the bottle back to the fridge.

I took a sip from the glass of milk and sighed.

It's pretty late already.

"Seulgi?" I got startled and my chest as I felt my heart raced. I quickly faced the person who called me.

"Joohyun? Why are you still awake? You startled me." I said and gulped the the milk, leaving it empty.

She chuckled, "I'm sorry. Also, I should be the one who  should ask why are you still awake, Seul."

I sighed, "I cannot sleep. Something is bothering me."

She looked at me worriedly, "What's bothering you?"

I marched towards her and locked my hand with hers.

"Let's just sleep." I said as a drag her away from the kitchen.

She sighed. Probably because I ignored her question.

I'm sorry, Hyun. I can't tell you about it.

"Whatever it is Seulgi... I'm always here for you." I heard her mumbled.

I smiled, "I know."

The thing that is bothering me is.... Losing you again.
.
.
.
.
PAST...

I washed my face as I tried to wake myself up in this early morning. The Imperial Hunt is here. I'm preparing for my things.

I don't really like to attend this event but I need it for my reputation though I don't really care about it.

I sighed and stood up to wear my designated clothes. I quickly fixed myself as I suddenly heard someone's footsteps coming from the hallway.

"Brother!"

I quickly faced the Emperor, "Oh you're so early? Why?"

"Enough of those questions. Where are the reports about that girl? You haven't visited me for days." He asked, ignoring my question.

Shit. I forgot about him.

"Oh about that brother. I'm sorry for not being able to give you reports. I was always with her all the time. I can't miss those opportunities. I'm really sorry." I lied.

He sighed, "You're right. Just tell me a few details. Is her force.. getting strong?"

"Nope. Not at all. Actually, she won't even be able to take you down. That's how weak she is." I lied.

Almost of the officials are going against you... It's her victory. I'm sorry brother.

He smirked, "They are right. Seems my plan works."

"What exactly are your plans for her, brother?" I asked.

"Oh apparently I managed to--" He abruptly stopped from speaking when someone suddenly entered the room.

It was...

"Ohh. It seems like your fiancé is here, General Kang. Anyways, I gotta go now." The emperor stated and left.